• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

need help

jwells

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have an o2 see do that's acting up. I can run it on the hose and it stays cool. In the. Water it gets hot when running on the trailer. After water goes through the grates where does it go

On the lake Cooling water is fed from the pressure developed within the pump and circulated through the engine and exhaust. If you're not overheating when you're running it on the hose, but are overheating while running it on the lake, it's possible that you have a blockage between the line that supplies cooling water from the pump and wherever your flush connection comes into the cooling system. Look inside your pump from behind, and you'll be able to see where the water is fed to the cooling system. I believe that the hole or holes are on the top side on a sea Doo and then feeds back towards the engine on the top of the pump. It's possible that there's sand or something blocking those lines. Check that area to make sure water is coming out of those holes while back flushing the engine with a garden hose (while the engine is running on the trailer of course) For that matter, anything that causes loss of pump pressure will cause overheating as well. So if the pump is cavitating, you're not only losing thrust, but you'll also be losing cooling water that flows back into the engine as well.

On the lake Cooling water is fed from the pressure developed within the pump and circulated through the engine and exhaust. If you're not overheating when you're running it on the hose, but are overheating while running it on the lake, it's possible that you have a blockage between the line that supplies cooling water from the pump and wherever your flush connection comes into the cooling system. Look inside your pump from behind, and you'll be able to see where the water is fed to the cooling system. I believe that the hole or holes are on the top side on a sea Doo and then feeds back towards the engine on the top of the pump. It's possible that there's sand or something blocking those lines. Check that area to make sure water is coming out of those holes while back flushing the engine with a garden hose (while the engine is running on the trailer of course) For that matter, anything that causes loss of pump pressure will cause overheating as well. So if the pump is cavitating, you're not only losing thrust, but you'll also be losing cooling water that flows back into the engine as well.

Don't know much about Sea Doos, but I believe they used Rotax with closed loop cooling even back in '02, no?

ItsDgm got it right but not sure they went to the ride plate yet as there cooling system ...
You would have a small half gallon plastic radiator filled with a blue antifreeze...but the exhaust is still cooled by the water your in..

Seadoos run great on the trailer and that's one thing they beat Yamahas at...lol....O and we always have new parts on ours...not by choice...I got a doo...
Your seadoo isn't getting hot enough on the trailer...you shouldn't run a doo no more then 2 mins tops on a trailer with even a water hose...they have a carbon seal which needs to be submerged to keep it cooled..on the trailer it's spinning around 3,000 rpms and it's basically metal on metal so you no it gets hot...the carbon seal is basically the only thing keeping the water out also from sinking your boat so take care of it...
Plus when on the trailer you have no load on the impeller...it's just spinning freely...water testing is the only way to do it....
What code are you getting?...how many beeps?
Long beeps? Or many short beeps? Or do you have the digital gauge that tells you error code?
The motors on doos are great but all the snap,bolt on parts like sensors and connectors are garbage...

Back