• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need maintenance help with 2015 Yamaha - DC / MD / VA area

Laminar Flow

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey guys -

I am reasonably mechanically inclined but looking for someone who has a little bit more boat maintenance experience to me to fix up some odds and ends around my 2015 Yamaha 242 Limited S before splashing it for this season - the primary project being replacing the impellers (have the new ones ready to go) and then just checking the boat over from there.

It's such a rigamarole to get the boat to the dealer and then the prices are extortionate and it takes forever - hoping to see if there's someone independent that can come help me out that I can build a direct relationship with.

The boat is currently stored on a trailer at a storage lot in DC where work is able to be performed.

Please let me know if you are able to help or can refer me to someone who can.

Thanks - Doug

@Laminar Flow If you can't find some one, It is not that tough of a job, especially if you are mechanically inclined. Some good video's and walkthroughs here and on the internet. You would do fine.

@Laminar Flow If you can't find some one, It is not that tough of a job, especially if you are mechanically inclined. Some good video's and walkthroughs here and on the internet. You would do fine.

yeah, i could probably do it okay but if you look at my post history we use this boat in a small rental fleet and getting it done super correctly is at a premium because downtime is pretty miserable for us - and I wouldn't mind meeting someone who could help out if something worse goes wrong!

I guess not a lot of folks interested in this region, though -- but still hoping someone sees this!

Back