• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Needing a YDS cable in the DFW area @HELP

Truck4dog

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone happen to have a YDS cable setup in the DFW area? I blew one of my engines and I'm in the process of replacing it and would like to pull hours for future reference. Also in need of a flywheel puller.

Thanks,
Jonas

Last edited:
just responded to your other post also,

tell us more about your engine, how did it blow? are you rebuilding or buy a replacement?

I ran it out of oil and threw a rod through the block. Got a new SBT engine to drop in. I'll probably weld the block and rebuild it for when the port engine leaves me. I have heard all of the bad about SBT, but after talking to them and with the warranty I took the chance.

sending you a pm,

Last edited:
I found both of them. I'm fortunate and have a friend with access to a forklift so the lifting will be a little easier. Great info! reading through, it looks like the only special tool will be the flywheel puller, unless I missed something.

while you have the engine out or while the hatch is off it might be a good time to pull your ECU boxes off and check them for signs of water intrusion and put them back on with a layer of silicone or tape of the seam,

Thanks for everything Scott!

Back