• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 195S just arrived....do I need to winterize it?

Cuso316

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
It's never been in the water. Do I need to winterize it? Being stored outside. Any input would be greatly appreciated (It's my first boat).

Did they run it on the hose at the dealer? If not then I wouldn't think so. Pull the battery and put it on a maintainer. If you are storing it outside, I would put a couple of containers of damp rid in it, in case moisture seeps in. If it is outside I would also make sure the tongue is up a bit to let water drain out the back. Also open your keel plug and leave it open as well as your clean out port make sure you unlock it at the very least set it loosely in tube or put it on the swim platform under the cover. If snow can get on it, make sure cover is tight and slopes so snow and water can run off.

Did they run it on the hose at the dealer? If not then I wouldn't think so. Pull the battery and put it on a maintainer. If you are storing it outside, I would put a couple of containers of damp rid in it, in case moisture seeps in. If it is outside I would also make sure the tongue is up a bit to let water drain out the back. Also open your keel plug and leave it open as well as your clean out port make sure you unlock it at the very least set it loosely in tube or put it on the swim platform under the cover. If snow can get on it, make sure cover is tight and slopes so snow and water can run off.
Thank you very much! Appreciate it

Run it for few seconds and blip the throttle. Check if any water comes out of the pump

Back