• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 2004 SX230 Owner from Lake Barkley, Tennessee Area

jabroni1m

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just purchased a 2004 SX230 yesterday in Georgia. I feel I got a good deal at 14k. Boats upholstery is in good 7.5/10 condition. Outer hull is in 8/10 with a few scrapes and scratches from beaching. Engine compartment looks good. Both motors sounded good and revved up fairly high. I did notice the starboard motor 50 or so RPM lower than the port. I had to have the throttle slightly farther up to keep them in sync. Kind of annoying but figured it might be the throttle cable adjustment or impeller/wear ring issue. Boat didn't take on a single drop of water in 30 minutes ride. I attempted real quickly to get the plugs that let you unblock the impellers out and did not have luck. Not sure if they are stuck or my technique is bad. Any advice. I am going to search the forum after I post this. Looking for advice on what to do first. I figured I would do an oil change and new Iridium Spark Plugs first. I typically use Mobil 1 High Mileage Synthetic on all my vehicles and NGK spark plugs. Anyone have recommendations for this motor? I am in the Knoxville area until Friday and then will be towing it to it's home in Dover, TN. If there is anyone close by with the Yamaha Marine Diagnostic setup in either of these 2 areas, wanna come check for me? I am sure I will be posting more after searchign the forums for specifics. Thanks for all the information I have read so far and the many hours of reading in the future.

Cheers!
Michael