• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 2019 FSH 210 Sport Owner

marmstufl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey All,

I'm adding another boat to the fleet here with a FSH210, I'm super stoked. I'll be taking delivery of the boat sometime next week once a few modifications have been made to the boat. Current Upgrades are:

• JBP Hard Top
  • Upgraded stock speakers to Wet Sounds
  • Added 2 additional speakers behind the jump seats
  • Added a 10" Wet Sounds Sub
  • 2 Bank Charger with Plug Mount
  • Underwater LED
  • Hull LEDs

I had 3 quick questions:

1. What Head Unit did you all upgrade to (if any)? My 2008 AR230 has the Fusion BT-100, which worked great for what I needed, specifically the Sirius XM tuner, I'm looking for something Similar for the FSH.
  2. I know this can be a point of contention here, but Thrust Vector or Cobra steering? My AR230 has the Cobra fins and they worked just fine, but gauging some thoughts here. I've gotten pretty good at docking/slow speed maneuverability on the AR230, can pretty much get that thing in a tuna can if I have to.
  3. I really don't want another trailer hanging around the house or in storage, so I'm thinking about NOT purchasing the aluminum trailer from the dealer. I've got the trailer for my AR230, do you think I'll have an issue with the FSH210 on the AR230's trailer? I regret that I didn't bring a measuring tape to measure the bunks on the trailers at the dealer, I could go back but it's a little bit of a hike. The same question would be for my lift, does anyone know the bunk spacing on a lift for the FSH? I'm thinking the spacing for my AR230 will work just fine as well, but welcome any opinions/thoughts.

Thanks in advance, can't wait to on the water!

Ehren

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Interested in the Cobrajet vs Thrust Vector discussion...
I don't own either one but am considering both as well.
First impression is that the Cobrajet may provide both high & low speed control while the Thrust Vector may provide low speed control?
Looking for clarification on both...

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Have not experienced the JBP vectors, but went with the biggest Cobras with fangs Jeff offers because I wanted not only both high and low Speed response, but high speed off throttle response should I need it as well. Which I didn't see getting with the JBP product. I’ve no complaints that make me wonder about the other.

No clue about the trailer

Grassman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just my 2cents. I went with Cobra Jet and they were the best for me. I was more concerned about high speed handling, or more specifically, tracking straight when running offshore at speed. Jet boats to me were "squirrelly" when running offshore through waves. A lot of turning back and forth as the boat went over the waves. These helped tremendously for me. I suspect that the thrust vectors provide better low speed handling but that was not the issue I wanted to correct. So, IMHO thrust vectors "probably" better for someone focused on low speed handling, CobraJet better for on plane tracking and adding some slow speed handling. But once you get used to the jets, with twins anyway, you can put these boats anywhere you want them.

Grassman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I will add, both Jeff and Will have the best companies and/or customer service I've dealt with in years.

marmstufl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I currently have the Cobra fins and they work great on the AR230.. I think I may just stick to what I know since low speed maneuvering isn't a big issue for me really. *knock on wood*. Thanks for the advice all!