• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 2021 ar195 Issues

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am a first time boat owner and new owner of a 2021 ar195. I am having throttle related issues and am lost as to what to do. The throttle accelerates to 6000 rpms, then drops quickly back to around 3000 rpms. Top speed is 15mph.
My dealer is 4 hours away and has been of no help. The port isn’t clogged. Also, it’s not like when I accelerate the engine revs but doesn’t go, it just drops rpms. This boat has been in the water the whole time and only used 4-5 times since new. Should my dealer be doing more to help here or is this just how Yamaha dealers are post sale?

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Went thru recent threads. Another member posted something about foam blocking the air intake in a 2021 ar/sx195 and that f’in worked!!!! I taped the foam back and it was fine. When I got back to dock tonight, I just cut that foam right off! Thanks !

Isaiah195

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Went thru recent threads. Another member posted something about foam blocking the air intake in a 2021 ar/sx195 and that f’in worked!!!! I taped the foam back and it was fine. When I got back to dock tonight, I just cut that foam right off! Thanks !
Do you happen to have any pictures of the foam you removed and where you removed it from? I’m having a very similar sounding issues. Thanks for the help

Isaiah195

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So that piece of foam i circled is what was causing the issue, or did you have to remove the air filter cover? If it’s that’s little piece of foam that’s a crazy simple fix attempt. Thanks for the fast reply!

Attachments

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yup, that’s it. Start by taping it back with some duct tape to see if that works!