• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

New 2024 yamaha 195S

hgugarte

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Hi everyone, I just bought a 2024 Yamaha 195s and I wanted to know what fuel to use because the manual only recommends an octane rating of 91 to 95 but doesn't mention anything about ethanol. Many friends tell me that I should use rec90 which doesn't have ethanol but only has 90 octanes. What do you recommend?

Attachments

• 20240804_154420.jpg
    20240804_154420.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
It doesn't say anything about ethanol because it doesn't matter when operating the boat. Any engine designed in the last 25 years can use ethanol without issue. Everyone will have an opinion about this topic, and most of it is from decades of avoidance due to their tiller being made in the early 80's. Remember, Yamaha is an engine builder first, they would have mentioned it if you should have avoided it.

Your friends make a good suggestion for storing your boat, or if you don't plan on using it much. As Ethanol should be avoided then. If you read the section under "long term storage" it will talk about treating your fuel. It's your best option if you don't know how often the boat will be used.

Ethanol is not the horrible thing folks make it out to be if you use your engines on a regular basis and don't allow gas to "go stale" or get condensation. That being said, when storing, you will want to add fuel stabilizer that treats for ethanol.

I have a 2023 AR195 which is a supercharged boat as is your 195S. I use " Go Gas" 93 octane ethanol free since the supercharged engines operate more efficiently, and better overall with the higher octane. I also use " Boostane" octane booster every other tank.
FYI, Most lake pumps only have say 87-89 octane so I suggest filling up before you hit the water.

@hgugarte I have a 2021 195s that I bought new in August 2020. I have only used non-ethanol 90 octane since the beginning as there is no non-ethanol 91 octane in my area. I have never had an issue. Just over 100 hours. Knock on wood. It was my preference to use non-ethanol fuel only, if possible. I discussed my options with the service department at my dealer. They felt I would be fine with the rec90 and preferred it to the other ethanol options.

I bought new 2021 in august

Hi everyone, I just bought a 2024 Yamaha 195s and I wanted to know what fuel to use because the manual only recommends an octane rating of 91 to 95 but doesn't mention anything about ethanol. Many friends tell me that I should use rec90 which doesn't have ethanol but only has 90 octanes. What do you recommend?
You getting it yamaha

Back