• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Boat Question

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
So I am back on this site after a couple year hiatus. Sold my 212X now thinking about another boat at some point. I do not want to worry about a lift or trailering back and forth,. So my question is, Besides Yamaha boats what boat would give me the most bang for my buck. I have a budget of about 35k. Thanks !!!

So I am back on this site after a couple year hiatus. Sold my 212X now thinking about another boat at some point. I do not want to worry about a lift or trailering back and forth,. So my question is, Besides Yamaha boats what boat would give me the most bang for my buck. I have a budget of about 35k. Thanks !!!
Hey @Geiger41 welcome back. It would be good to know things like the type of boating you like to do, fresh or salt water, average # of people you expect to take out, kids/no kids, water sports and weather or not a city cabin & head is important to you.

All salt water, no fishing, 2 kids. Something to cruise and have "friends" on sometimes getting suntan....Pulling up to bars, beaches....no long trips or anythogn like that my 212x was perfect. but I definitely want something I can keep in the water, w/o buying a lift or trailoring...I/O or Outboard obviously THANKS !!!!

I'm also a salty dawg @Geiger41. I currently run an SX230 because of the young grandkids but when they get older I would probably go Grady White in the 25' range. Excellent ocean boat. Your budget would put you in an older boat but at the end of a season deals can be had.

Definitely a used boat!!!

What do you plan to use it for?? After having twin engines, it's hard to go back to single. Nothing is perfect and can eventually fail. Two engines means you get to return to dock on your own power. Honda 4 stroke Outboards I hear are almost bullet proof. Yamahas are pretty good too, but do your research, they had some adventures in the last 15 years so not all models are as bulletproof as they once were.

Best of luck with your search!

Have you thought about a saltwater edition pontoon boat? May not be the sexiest boat out there but they are comfortable and can sit in the water with very little to worry about once the motor is tilted up and out of the water. I know Bennington and a few other manufacturers make a model specifically for the salt. You should be able to get a used one for your price BoatTrader1 and BoatTrader2
Good Luck

Just saw a boat NEW from Four Winns, 20 footer, that looks pretty decent and what Im looking for. Either the "HD 200 OB with Yamaha outboard" (32,073) or the "HD 200 OB FREEDOM" with Yamaha outboard (37,333) Im still trying to figure out what major differences are in the two to justify the 5k price difference....Thoughts???

Looks like the Freedom is their base line boat with one color and no power upgrades available, the HD 200 is very upgradable in features and power options. Good looking boats!

Yeah I looked at both and compared the standard features and really didn't see what the difference was besides the ability to choose options. I'll call a dealer to see more then likely. But Definitely would go with the Yamaha outboard over anything else .

Bennington with Yamaha outboard. I was nervous selling my 242 LS and I’ll never look back. If you don’t go in ocean I honestly can say the tritoon is by far the most enjoyable boat I’ve been on. They are kinda farty looking but the smooth ride in choppy water and build quality is worth the old man look. In 2 foot chop and wind I felt like every screw in the yamaha was coming loose and everything rattling the pontoon is total opposite just so much more enjoyable to ride. Seats 15 and actually put 15 on it. My speed is only about 40 with slight load but that’s plenty for what I do. Cruising, anchoring, tubing, my kid even like the space so much they just want to eat breakfast on it while it’s docked.

Used 22 or 23' dual console cat like world cat/carolina cat and the like.
Dual outboards. Huge range. Can lift motors basically out of water or can be slightly modded to do so.
Ride the rough stuff.
I don't want props myself but would go that route otherwise

Have you thought about a saltwater edition pontoon boat? May not be the sexiest boat out there but they are comfortable and can sit in the water with very little to worry about once the motor is tilted up and out of the water. I know Bennington and a few other manufacturers make a model specifically for the salt. You should be able to get a used one for your price BoatTrader1 and BoatTrader2
Good Luck

My neighbor has a 23ft Tri-Toon with the "salt water edition" package on it. No idea what that entails though. Bought it new OTD for like $37k. I think it's a Berkshire brand. TONS of usable space on board, has a 150hp Mercury on it, and runs 39mph with a light load. Significantly smoother than our Yamaha in most all conditions. I'm sure in salt water it would float just fine with the motor trimmed up out of the water.

Lots of pontoon makers are getting on board with Crest and making models with windshields too which is nice.

Back