• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

New boat receiving and sea trial check list.

TeenGee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We have not yet picked up our new 210 FSH Sport. I have been reading about the QA issues Yamaha seems to be experiencing. Being an engineer, I prepared a checklist. I would be grateful if all y'all experienced jet boaters would look it over and let me know if I should add or delete anything.
Thanks in advance.

Bottom
Ladder Check installation
Hull Check hull for damage and cracks before launching.
Jet intakes Check for damage. Check that no debris is in the intake before launching.
Water inlet strainers Check for damage
Impellers Check for bends, damage, and foreign material
Impeller ducts Check and lubricate
Drain plugs Check O-rings. Check the drain plugs for damage and foreign material and check that they are securely installed.
Scupper Valve Closed and clear

Topside
Hull and deck Check for damage
Drain passages Check deck drains. Remove clogs. Pour water into rod & cup holders
Access port cap Check for proper installation.
Bilge water Check the engine compartment for bilge water.
Windshield and seats Check installation and operation, and check for damage
T-top Check installation, and check for damage. Check that the T-top screws and nuts are secured.
Hatches hinges and packing seals Check installation
Fire extinguisher Check readiness of the extinguisher.
Batteries Check battery condition, mounting, connection terminals and check for broken battery straps
Battery switches Check operation
Engine hood Check that the hood latches are secure.
Engine compartment Open the engine hood and check to be sure no gasoline, gasoline vapors, or loose electrical connections are present.
Rubber couplings Check for looseness and noise
Engine mounts Check for damage and peeling
Cooling water hoses and cooling water pilot outlet hoses. Check for damage, check connections, check tightening of clamps.
Engine oil level Check engine oil level; add as necessary.
Fuel level Check fuel level; add as necessary.
Intake hoses and breather hoses Check for damage , check connections, and check tightening of clamps.
High-pressure fuel hoses Check connections and exterior, check for leakage, and check tightening of clamps.
Fuel system Check fuel system for leaks. Fuel hoses, clamps, canister, and check valve. Check for damage, and check connections and tightening of clamps.
Fuel filler cap Check cap for damage, and check seal for cracks and deformation
Fuel tank Check installation

Helm
Steering master ASSY Check operation and tilting mechanism, and check for looseness.
Steering cables Check connections and exterior and lubricate
Steering Nozzles Check for steering master and nozzle alignment
Articulating keel Check operation, alignment to nozzles, and check link rod for bends and damage"
Remote control levers Check for proper throttle operation, check shift operation, and check for looseness"
Throttle cables Check connections and exterior, and lubricate.
Shift cables Check connections and exterior, and lubricate (shift gate end). Verify synchronization between the 2 shift gates"
Gauges test To display the diagnosis menu screen, push the setting screen tab for approximately 3 seconds, tachometer lights will come on. and the tachometer needles will move from 0 r/min to 4000 r/min and then to 8000 r/min before returning to 0 r/min. The needles will stop for 2 seconds in each position"
Buzzer test The buzzer will not sound for 4 seconds, it will sound for 4 seconds and then sound for second again. While the test is being performed . MUTE, CONTINUOUS, BEEP, and MUTE will be displayed on the test diagnosis screen.
Blower Check operation. Operate the blowers for at least 4 minutes.
Horn Check operation
Navigation lights Check lighting
Electric bilge pump "Check for water discharge, clean filter check hoses for damage and check tightening of clamps.
Courtesy light switch Check operation
Accessory switch 1 Check operation
Accessory switch 2 Check operation
Aerator switch Check operation
Livewell switch Check operation
Meters Check lighting
Stereo Check operation
Aux input Check operation
12 V DC outlet Check operation

Engine Run
Engine shut-off cord (lanyard} Check the engine shut-off cord lanyard for damage.
Switches Check operation of the main switches and engine shutoff switch.
Neutral switches Check operation
Hatch interlock switches (wet storage compartment) Check operation
Jet wash Check operation
Exhaust hoses, water locks, and resonators. Check for exhaust leakage, and check tightening of clamps.
Cooling water pilot outlets Check that water comes out while the engines are running.
5 Minutes Idle speed
Next 30 minutes Less than 5,000 rpm
Next 60 minutes Less than 6,500 rpm

Other
Access port caps Check exterior and installation
Air filter elements Check for damage and dirt
Throttle bodies Lubricate throttle valves
Anodes (engines) Check for corrosion
Drive shaft spline Check for damage and lubricate splines
Jet pump bearings Check bearings and grease condition
Jet thrust nozzles Check movement, and lubricate
Intermediate housings Lubricate
Anodes jet pump units Check for corrosion

Purchase
Spare engine kill lanyard
Additional flush hose

That is probably the most complete inspection checklist I hand seen!

Wow - if you hadn’t said Engineer, I would have said engineer! Extensive list. Thanks for posting.

only add - Trailer inspection, and if they gave you the crappy Carlisle tires, I would get your tire warranty claim ready and add a spare.

I’m sure everyone will reply with this one - add a Stoltz bow roller - the Sh@tLander one will mar your boat.
Enjoy! They are great boats

Dear lord.

I’m just going to say that if you do actually check half of that at least don’t forget to bring long sleeve shirt and sweatpants.

Wow - if you hadn’t said Engineer, I would have said engineer! Extensive list. Thanks for posting.

only add - Trailer inspection, and if they gave you the crappy Carlisle tires, I would get your tire warranty claim ready and add a spare.

I’m sure everyone will reply with this one - add a Stoltz bow roller - the Sh@tLander one will mar your boat.
Enjoy! They are great boats
We put over 4000 miles on our Carlisle tires in the just under a year that we've owned our boat. We are only about 3 miles from storage to the lake since the move. Will replace with radials when needed.

Last edited:
Thanks for the trailer reminder. We have a boat lift in the back yard so I hadn’t given much thought to the trailer.

If you are going to check all that before each day on the boat, you might want to take off work the day before. Possibly let someone else drive on the actual boating day, because you’ll certainly fall asleep at the helm.

We put over 4000 miles on our Carlisle tires in the just under a year that we've owned our boat. We are only about 3 miles from storage to the lake since the move. Will replace with radials we needed.
[/QUOT
We put over 4000 miles on our Carlisle tires in the just under a year that we've owned our boat. We are only about 3 miles from storage to the lake since the move. Will replace with radials we needed.
by the way- went by the dealer this morning as we were trying to figure out why our Carlisle tires were getting eaten up. They measured trailer checked axle hubs everything- couldn’t find an issue. We looked at all the similar trailers with Carlisle’s in their service lot.

EVERY CARLISLE TIRE was hatching on the outer treads!!!!! Every one!!! Conclusion- they are absolutely crap tires.

by the way- went by the dealer this morning as we were trying to figure out why our Carlisle tires were getting eaten up. They measured trailer checked axle hubs everything- couldn’t find an issue. We looked at all the similar trailers with Carlisle’s in their service lot.

EVERY CARLISLE TIRE was hatching on the outer treads!!!!! Every one!!! Conclusion- they are absolutely crap tires. (This was my second set since June 2020

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
Extensive list for sure. I looked a couple of times but missed the cleanout ports and locking in the plugs. Probably there and overlooked.

As mentioned fit and finish checks are important before leaving dealership.

I posted a what to check on my 210 FSH and received a lot of good advice. You might review it.

Congratulations and have fun!!!

Back