• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

New boating questions 2019 Yamaha sx 210

CaptainS

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello all,

Been lurking for a bit, first time posting, please forgive any formatting or mistakes!

I've been boating with a fishing boat for a few years, and my wife and I decided to upgrade and purchased a new 2019 Yamaha SX-210 last fall. We have had a couple of issues that have come up on the 3 times we have been out and the place we purchased it from is so backlogged they haven't been the most responsive, any advice is appreciated!

I can't seem to get the plug in the main storage locker to sit right. Water doesn't appear to be coming in there, but I can't imagine it's a good thing to not have closed.

There's some water in the anchor locker and a noticeable crack and small hole that has formed. Looking at it I question if it was a manufacturing error or if the chain on the anchor (purchased Yamahas #8 anchor to fit the locker as instructed at the dealership). It definitely sounds like the anchor is swinging and hitting the boat while moving, but the hole is below. I mention this more in reference to the line below, but also has anyone had any experience putting some extra padding in there? There's a strap in the locker, does anyone have a picture of how that is used?

We have been taking on a little water and the carpet in the storage areas have all been wet. Turning on the bilge doesn't pump out any water and only a little drops out when I pull the drain plug after a day on the water. Any ideas or recommendations? Any chance this is linked to the other comments above? Is there another plug(s) on the boat I keep missing?

Well that was longer than expected. Thanks for reading and any any advice you have is much appreciated!

Hello, welcome and congratulations on the new boat!

To your questions:
1) On the plug in the storage locker, there is great debate as to whether it should be in or out while you are operating. The book says in. That said, when they manufacture these boats there is all manner of crap they leave in the bilge. I would not be surprised if there are some shavings or something that is in the threads. I would take a hose, open the plug, open the bilge plug in the back, crank up the bow a bit, and spray some water at it to flush it out a bit. That said, not critical and won't cause any leaks even if you don't have it sealed (many leave it open every time they are out to drain all water that gets in there).
2) Cracks and holes are bad. Yes, me and several others put anti-fatigue mats or other strong rubber padding in the anchor locker to keep the anchor from causing damage. Highly recommend that. Don't know on the strap for your year... but securing that anchor is important. Add a bungee at least or something. In rough water, it can cause a lot of damage.
3) Is the boat stored outdoors? With a cover? The cupholders are notorious for draining sometimes just directly below (no tube or anything connecting to the hole at the bottom). If there is rain or anything that fills them, that can then wind up soaking your compartment carpet. Why it is designed that way is a mystery. A few folks just put up with it (like me--boat is rarely out in rain, always stored inside). Some connect a hose to the bottom of those cupholders and run it down to the lower bilge. Some plug up the hole (but then of course the cupholders fill with water or spilled drinks).

Hope that helps some!

Hello, welcome and congratulations on the new boat!

To your questions:
1) On the plug in the storage locker, there is great debate as to whether it should be in or out while you are operating. The book says in. That said, when they manufacture these boats there is all manner of crap they leave in the bilge. I would not be surprised if there are some shavings or something that is in the threads. I would take a hose, open the plug, open the bilge plug in the back, crank up the bow a bit, and spray some water at it to flush it out a bit. That said, not critical and won't cause any leaks even if you don't have it sealed (many leave it open every time they are out to drain all water that gets in there).
2) Cracks and holes are bad. Yes, me and several others put anti-fatigue mats or other strong rubber padding in the anchor locker to keep the anchor from causing damage. Highly recommend that. Don't know on the strap for your year... but securing that anchor is important. Add a bungee at least or something. In rough water, it can cause a lot of damage.
3) Is the boat stored outdoors? With a cover? The cupholders are notorious for draining sometimes just directly below (no tube or anything connecting to the hole at the bottom). If there is rain or anything that fills them, that can then wind up soaking your compartment carpet. Why it is designed that way is a mystery. A few folks just put up with it (like me--boat is rarely out in rain, always stored inside). Some connect a hose to the bottom of those cupholders and run it down to the lower bilge. Some plug up the hole (but then of course the cupholders fill with water or spilled drinks).

Hope that helps some!
Awesome, thanks for the in depth reply! I'll definitely get some padding for in there. In hindsight I should have taken a picture of the strap...

It's stored outside but with a cover. Similar to the anchor we went with the one that Yamaha makes that fits the model. Also I should add that the boat was dry when we picked it up so the rain the past couple of weeks doesn't seem to be the issue.

The amount of water is significantly more than what could be from any of the coolers or cup holders. It wasnt enough for the bilge to pump out, but the carpet was soaked.

I believe your boat was one of those that had problems with the drain in the anchor locker. Yamaha used less than stellar manufacturing methods to install the drain and it caused a leak soaking the carpets up front. Take some pictures from the inside of the locker and post them for us.

I believe your boat was one of those that had problems with the drain in the anchor locker. Yamaha used less than stellar manufacturing methods to install the drain and it caused a leak soaking the carpets up front. Take some pictures from the inside of the locker and post them for us.
Oh that's comforting. Here are a few pictures I took yesterday I can definitely take more of it would help.

Thanks again!!

Attachments

• IMG_20200509_133359.jpg
    IMG_20200509_133359.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20200525_101100_01.jpg
    IMG_20200525_101100_01.jpg
    381.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20200525_101053_01.jpg
    IMG_20200525_101053_01.jpg
    635 KB · Views: 36
Oh that's comforting. Here are a few pictures I took yesterday I can definitely take more of it would help.

Thanks again!!
Thanks for posting your pictures. I will add, like the other individual said, an anti-fatigue mat or some type of rubber in the anchor storage area. going to check options for a bungee cord as well to secure the anchor.

That hole should be fixed, but is not critical. More critical to secure that anchor so it is not bouncing, of course.

I agree on the wet carpet, if it is up front. Search here for the threads, but basically they made the little port to drain the locker too short, so there is an opening to the void between the hulls (our hulls have an outer hull and then an inner hull). There is a pretty easy fix with a hunk of PVC...

Hello all,

Been lurking for a bit, first time posting, please forgive any formatting or mistakes!

I've been boating with a fishing boat for a few years, and my wife and I decided to upgrade and purchased a new 2019 Yamaha SX-210 last fall. We have had a couple of issues that have come up on the 3 times we have been out and the place we purchased it from is so backlogged they haven't been the most responsive, any advice is appreciated!

I can't seem to get the plug in the main storage locker to sit right. Water doesn't appear to be coming in there, but I can't imagine it's a good thing to not have closed.

There's some water in the anchor locker and a noticeable crack and small hole that has formed. Looking at it I question if it was a manufacturing error or if the chain on the anchor (purchased Yamahas #8 anchor to fit the locker as instructed at the dealership). It definitely sounds like the anchor is swinging and hitting the boat while moving, but the hole is below. I mention this more in reference to the line below, but also has anyone had any experience putting some extra padding in there? There's a strap in the locker, does anyone have a picture of how that is used?

We have been taking on a little water and the carpet in the storage areas have all been wet. Turning on the bilge doesn't pump out any water and only a little drops out when I pull the drain plug after a day on the water. Any ideas or recommendations? Any chance this is linked to the other comments above? Is there another plug(s) on the boat I keep missing?

Well that was longer than expected. Thanks for reading and any any advice you have is much appreciated!
To protect the Anchor locker I took a SeaDek cooler pad and mounted it in my under the anchor, brown because the anchor and chain are not the cleanest thing when you pull it out of the clay. It protects my boat really well and it turns out it looks good to.I will post a picture later today.Jet boat pilot had a sale in the clearance department five dollars per cooler pad I bought 15 of them.

That hole should be fixed, but is not critical. More critical to secure that anchor so it is not bouncing, of course.

I agree on the wet carpet, if it is up front. Search here for the threads, but basically they made the little port to drain the locker too short, so there is an opening to the void between the hulls (our hulls have an outer hull and then an inner hull). There is a pretty easy fix with a hunk of PVC...
Thank you! It's so much easier searching the site now that I know what to search for!!

Back