• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New buyer...needs advice!

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
Hello everyone! I've tried to gather as much info as I can before posting this, but I need some advice in the final stages of decision making.

I am looking at a 2016 Yamaha AR192 and a 2014 Scarab 195 HO Impulse. From pictures, both look to be in excellent shape. Both could be water tested I believe. The Yamaha is $7k higher than the Scarab (this is in Ontario Canada)

Are there issues with either of those years? I know the general advice seems to lean towards Yamaha..

And other thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

Acard7

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does one have more options or add-ons than the other? Just wondering why the price difference.. Definitely water test before buying.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
The Yamaha has very low hours according to the ad, both have wake towers, biminis, trailers...which price surprises you?

Acard7

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The Yamaha surprises me that it’s higher but if it’s lower hours then maybe that’s why. Just assumed one had more things added to it like tower speakers, seadek, etc

usmcgoose

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Are they at a dealer or private seller? Take the time to go over the boats. Think about you plan to use them, how many people you would routinely take on the water, and what your normal trip would look like. Then look at the layout of each, storage availability, and plan where you would put everything. If you can't or want to wait on getting a mechanical inspection, look at cleanliness of compartments, surface corrosion on metal parts, pull zincs (if they'll let you), check oil looking at color and consistency, look at wire bundles (paying attention to upgrades and rewires) to see if they are clean or shoved in a hole. It's the little details that let you know how much they loved their boat.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
Thank you all for the great advice! I have both dealers within a reasonable distance from me. The Scarab is private sale and close enough that I can go see it/water test it. The Yamaha is at a car dealership on the other side of the country. However, my uncle (long time boat owner) lives close and is willing to go look at it/water test it for me. Luckily he's owned jet boats and jet skis before so he knows what to look for.