• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New from OH

BlackandTan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome to the forum, I'm in Sharonville, so not too far from you. I like getting down to the river for the day on a Saturday or Sunday. There are plenty of wide spots and the barges aren't too bad. I usually go to Norris as well, tend to hang around the Shanghai area. I also like Laurel Lake and go to Brookville or East Fork Lake every now and then. I'll have to try Indian Lake too, I've heard good things about it. Does anyone know if they have the algae problem that it seems most of the Ohio lakes have?

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great picture and I see that you are into photography. Not surprised by that first pic. Welcome aboard and keep the pictures coming.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Welcome to the forum, I'm in Sharonville, so not too far from you. I like getting down to the river for the day on a Saturday or Sunday. There are plenty of wide spots and the barges aren't too bad. I usually go to Norris as well, tend to hang around the Shanghai area. I also like Laurel Lake and go to Brookville or East Fork Lake every now and then. I'll have to try Indian Lake too, I've heard good things about it. Does anyone know if they have the algae problem that it seems most of the Ohio lakes have?
No. There is no Algae problem at Indian whatsoever. All good!

Last edited:

REM835

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
@BlackandTan I also tend to hang around Shanghai. I have heard good things about Laurel Lake and its on my list of new places to try next year.

@GiddYupJoe Didn't you recently get back from Norris? I just booked a last minute trip the end of the month. All I could find was around Indian River Marina. Have never been around that area so kind of excited to explore.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@REM835 We stayed in the same area as you are going. We were Just south of Whiteman hollow.
Make sure you have a map! It took a few days before i could navigate by landmarks. You will absolutely love it Down there.

Jakob Grimm

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SE
Boat Length
Yup, no algae at Indian Lake. Grand Lake St. Marys is a different story -- the stuff is a foul-smelling sludge. I'd be afraid of it discoloring my hull. They also just issued water quality alerts for Alum Creek and Delaware up near Columbus too...hot weather and lots of runoff makes for a bad combination. Unfortunately all these factors are driving more and more crowds to Indian on the big weekends. 4th of July was ridiculous but fun.

If you guys ever get up to Indian let me know...we have a place out on the eastern shore when it's not rented out (but if anybody's interested here's a shameless plug!). I have a dock that fits a jet perfectly...more than welcome to use my lift too but it may be a bit too small to fit a 242 in there since it's setup for my 210...

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome, and congrats on the new ride.