• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New From Texas Towing with 2019 VW Atlas

Oscarab78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
I’m getting into a 2017 Scarab 195 Open ID and am looking for anyone who might have experience towing with there Volkswagen Atlas. I have the 2019 V6 4Wheel/Technology package with tow package. I’m in the Fort Worth area of Texas and was hoping to make a few short jumps over to Texoma (85 miles) or Possum Kingdom (54 miles). Any suggestions against or for making this size trip with a VW. I’m less than 2 miles from my local lake, but like to get out of town every once and awhile. New and first post, I’m excited to be a part of this awesome community!

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome and congrats! I believe the v6 is rated at 5k lbs for towing in which case it will be more than enough to tow your new boat.

Rammrodd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
Welcome! My good friend pulls his 23 foot Sea Ray deck boat with his 2018 atlas 50 miles round trip to the ramp. He has no problem with it. The ramp is pretty steep as well and the Atlas has no problem yanking the boat out of the water, so you should have no worries! Enjoy!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Oscarab78 glad to have you on board, hope to see you on Lewisville one day,

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don’t see it being an issue for the distances you are describing. I would keep the trailer tires properly inflated and drive at a resolve speed.

Oscarab78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
@Scottintexas thanks man, Eagle Mountain Lake is my home waters! Lake Lewisville is on my list for sure!

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length