• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

new gauge install now software

t-tracks

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One of my tach were messed up so I installed a new gauge, now the 2 software are different between the 2 gauges, what do i need to get them so they have the same software in them. do i need to invest in the yamaha diagnostic tools or is it dealerships only.

t-tracks

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
opened up the old gauge, found the problem it's the rear circuit board, I am wondering if I can just swap the new rear bord into my old gauge so I don't have to worry about software issues.

Attachments

Steve212x

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
How would you up grade the software - are there any improvements/new features in newer versions?

t-tracks

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i have a used back part of the circuit board showing up this week, i will try it and see if it works. i sent back the new one i got as it didnt work. If it don't i guess i can just swap the burnt parts out from the spare board, but i am assuming the cpu is on the front board it looks like, so hopefully it works by just swaping the back board.

t-tracks

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
swapped out the back circuit board and it worked, numbers were different but its all good to go, so i am sure the CPU is in the front section of the gauge. Thanks to a member on here who lent me a used board to try out. Will know for sure in summer,

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
swapped out the back circuit board and it worked, numbers were different but its all good to go, so i am sure the CPU is in the front section of the gauge. Thanks to a member on here who lent me a used board to try out. Will know for sure in summer,
Interesting...I hope it works out ok. Come back and let us know.