• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

New here!

ScooterVDub

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Tomorrow marks our 1 year anniversary with our 2008 Yamaha SX210. We love the boat and have had a great time with it.
So far I have replaced the scupper valve with a stainless one because our first launch of the season let me know the stock plastic one broke. Bilge pump doesn’t keep up with a 1.5” hole in the hull.
That leads my to my question. The previous owner installed a two battery system which has worked great for us while hanging out on the water all day. My lack of trust in peoples abilities resulted in my testing the amp draw on each batter in each setting. I was surprised to see that it was wired properly! However, the bilge pump only works when a batter is turned on. We got an in/out slip this year and we may have to leave out boat in the water overnight.

Should I just leave a battery on so the bilge pump is on? Or should I hardwire the the bilge switch to both batteries so that I can turn off the batteries but the bilge stays on? It is a fully auto pump.
I appreciate any help!

Attachments

• D39CEDEF-ED09-466C-8ED1-CADBD09C8CDC.jpeg
    D39CEDEF-ED09-466C-8ED1-CADBD09C8CDC.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Hardwire the bilge directly to the battery. That is a must.

I’m curious about this. I too have to have my batteries on to have the bilge working. With the two options (turning the battery on or hard wiring), why is hard wiring better? Not debating. Just wondering of the benefits.

The battery switch has to be on, that's how it came from the factory. You don't want to wire the factory bilge pump directly to the battery, since it cycles on and off it may drain your battery. If it were up to me I would install a second bilge pump with a level switch wired directly to a battery. Or you can use the existing bilge pump and wire it directly to the battery, but you should install a level switch that only allows the pump to come on when there's water in the bilge.

Back