• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Jetboater from Knoxville, TN

Captain_Ron65

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I purchased a 2012 242 LS this weekend and I am super stoked. It should be delivered this week. I have been looking at jet boats for 4-5 years now. I bought my first boat, at Stingray 109 lx 5 years ago and it has been a solid first boat, but it's too small and underpowered. We decided to ditch the sterndrive for a jet boat and have been looking for 3 months to find the right boat for us. We finally found it and I couldn't be more excited to get it on the water. I have several questions, but I'll post or search for the answers.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hello and welcome! Congratulations on your new boat. I recently helped another person (now a member here) find a 2012 242 LS. They have had it about 3 weeks now and LOVE it. It really looks and performs great. I hope you have similar results. Where will you be boating? We are on Watts Bar Lake, closer to the Tennessee River intersection.

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I purchased a 2012 242 LS this weekend and I am super stoked. It should be delivered this week. I have been looking at jet boats for 4-5 years now. I bought my first boat, at Stingray 109 lx 5 years ago and it has been a solid first boat, but it's too small and underpowered. We decided to ditch the sterndrive for a jet boat and have been looking for 3 months to find the right boat for us. We finally found it and I couldn't be more excited to get it on the water. I have several questions, but I'll post or search for the answers.
Welcome and congrats! I visit Knoxville often for work. Will be there Sept 1-22!

Captain_Ron65

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hello and welcome! Congratulations on your new boat. I recently helped another person (now a member here) find a 2012 242 LS. They have had it about 3 weeks now and LOVE it. It really looks and performs great. I hope you have similar results. Where will you be boating? We are on Watts Bar Lake, closer to the Tennessee River intersection.
We are at Ft. Loudon Marina, we almost always take the channel to Telico Lake. I could lock thru the dam and head over to Watts Barr, always wanted to do that.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Very cool. A few weeks back, we locked through to your side and ate at Calhoun's. Didn't do much more over there but it looked really cool. If you do lock through to my side, make sure you start with a full tank. After the lock, it's a while till fuel. I believe Long Island Marina. We thought the dam was closer so Didn't top off. When we got to the dam and were waiting to lock through to Lake Lenoir, the fuel alarm started singing. Was relieved to see the fuel dock next to Calhoun's.

Captain_Ron65

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That's the marina where I keep my boats. You should come over and
Very cool. A few weeks back, we locked through to your side and ate at Calhoun's. Didn't do much more over there but it looked really cool. If you do lock through to my side, make sure you start with a full tank. After the lock, it's a while till fuel. I believe Long Island Marina. We thought the dam was closer so Didn't top off. When we got to the dam and were waiting to lock through to Lake Lenoir, the fuel alarm started singing. Was relieved to see the fuel dock next to Calhoun's.
Yeah thats the marina we use. If you haven't been to Telico Lake, you have to give it a try. The water is clean and clear and we like it way more than Loudon. Just lock thru and turn right, there's a canal off Loudon that takes you to Telico.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations! Enjoy it!

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Yeah thats the marina we use. If you haven't been to Telico Lake, you have to give it a try. The water is clean and clear and we like it way more than Loudon. Just lock thru and turn right, there's a canal off Loudon that takes you to Telico.
We will hold you to that. Would be fun to navigate a new area with experts and ofcourse to connect with you and your crew.

JetboatDrvr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome and I'm totally jealous, such a great area. My grandfather used to keep his yacht there many years ago (Scrap Iron). I still remember going through Watts Bar on a wonderful weekend trip.

If you ever want to play in some nasty shallow brown hot water, come on down to TX.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome and I'm totally jealous, such a great area. My grandfather used to keep his yacht there many years ago (Scrap Iron). I still remember going through Watts Bar on a wonderful weekend trip.

If you ever want to play in some nasty shallow brown hot water, come on down to TX.
Thx. Lol!

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA

Telico area will be my retirement spot. Love that area! Congrats on the purchase. Just lost my 2010 to a member down in GA. You will love it.

Mister Fister

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome fellow Tennesseean. I am in Sevierville and on Douglas Lake every weekend. Would love to visit Telico Lake someday

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welcome..a lot of your questions will be answered here..awesome resource.
Happy Boating!

Hogger Dick

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Me too...about a month...this thing is crazy

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome fellow Tennesseean. I am in Sevierville and on Douglas Lake every weekend. Would love to visit Telico Lake someday
We vacationed on Douglas a in 2019. Hope to make it back summer of 2021. Rented a cabin with a private ramp and dock. Worked out great for 2 familys of 4 for a week.

We had a few nights out at restaraunts. I forget the name now. One was just past the bridge on the right, heading away from the dam. The other was on the left within sight of the dam. The kids really enjoyed anchoring near the beach and swimming over to play in the sand. Not sure if that is legal or not, but nobody told us otherwise.

LOVED the glass smooth water in the mornings. That's a rare commodity to find around here.

These were taken on Douglas on that trip:

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I am headed to Knoxville tomorrow until the 19th of Sept. Going to really miss my FSH! =(