• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New member & first boat (Vortex 203 VRX)

Chatt_Jetsetter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hello everyone, I've been reading the threads on this forum the last few weeks as we try to finalize our boat purchase. My wife and I are in Chattanooga, we have two young girls and we're excited for the lake this summer. We have family property on Douglas in Dandridge, but will be boating on Chickamauga and the surrounding lakes here in southeast TN and Northeast GA. While we both have lots of experience boating, this is the first boat we've owned.

We're getting the 2020 Vortex 203 VRX, single engine (250hp). I think it will be a great first boat; my wife really likes the interior layout and I like there's no prop for the kiddos to get injured on. We hope to test drive it in a couple weeks or so and then if all goes well we will be putting it in dry storage with an in/out service. We're about 30 mins from the lake so hopefully we can get a lot of boating in this year.

I think there's a lot of great info on these forums from a lot of great people, so hopefully I can start to contribute at some point. Anyway, just wanted to say hello!

Attachments

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hi and :Welcome: to the forum!!! Nice boat and sharp looking too. Let us know if you have any questions. Good luck and have fun!

Chatt_Jetsetter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Well we did the "test drive" today. A bit cool, and breezy, but sunny and really nice out. I can't really comment on the performance because it is still factory limited until 20 hrs. Dealer says it opens up a little bit at 10hrs, and then fully at 20hrs. I think we'll be really happy with it for our first boat; my wife really likes it (that still surprises me although I don't know why) and of course the kids don't care as long as they're on the water or a tube :cool:
Here's hoping for a great summer!

The Sops

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
just curious.. what’s your top speed? How long does it take you to plane?

Chatt_Jetsetter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
just curious.. what’s your top speed? How long does it take you to plane?
I know this is an old post, I just saw it. I've been able to get the boat to 47mph in really nice conditions. With the family on board and all the fixin's, around 42mph. Planes very quickly, but I've never really measured it.