• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New member from south central Texas

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
New member here from south central Texas. We are considering purchasing a new boat. Just donated a 1997 ShuttleCraft with 1100 Kawasaki Jetski and a 1999 Sprint 207 FS with Mercury 200EFI. Purchased both of these new. We enjoyed features from both of these platforms. But the most annoying was the lower unit and prop damage from hitting hidden stumps with the bass boat. And the expensive maintenance on the 2 cycle Merc. It was also a very rough ride at 65+MPH. Thinking about the 2019 Yamaha SX190. Seems like it would suit our needs. The space of the bass boat and the advantages of the jet drive. We don't need a lot of speed, we don't wake board and we are a family of 4. Looking for fuel efficiency and low maintenance costs. Would appreciate suggestions on local Texas dealers and where you all see the best pricing and customer service after the sale.

Rascalrider

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I purchased my SX190 in Waco at MarineLand. So far so good. Got a decent deal on a 2018 and they were super to deal with. Mindy Lawson was the salesperson.

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank you. My wife and I both purchased our Honda cars in Waco as we got a much better price than from the local Austin dealers.

Rascalrider

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you. My wife and I both purchased our Honda cars in Waco as we got a much better price than from the local Austin dealers.
Issue with a New Yamaha boat is a lack of dealers... I got a quote on a 2019 from Phil Dill up in DFW but actually was looking for a 2018 which I found in Waco.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just found this info in the 2019 owners manual. Quite a difference in fuel consumption and endurance between the 190/195 models.

SX190 Cruise Range at Full Throttle - 3.42 hours 4 star models
Trolling speed - 1300 RPM
Max fuel consumption - 11.7 GPH

SX195 - Cruise Range at Full Throttle - 1.82 hours
Trolling Speed - 1250 RPM
Maximum Fuel Consumption - 22.1 GPH

Richardb

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Try to link in Boat show deals. I love my AR190. It's perfect for family days and cruising. I don't wake board much but I like having the tower. Fuel wise the 190 is great over the 195. Spend all day running around out on the water and maybe use 10-12 gals a trip. My mechanic has the 195 and he said he regrets it.

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone know how to tell the difference between the 3 and 4 star models? Also is it normal to have a Rig, Run, Freight and Prep charge of $2500 for the SX190. Just received my first dealer quote at full MSRP.

Last edited:

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
190 and 195 have different engines. The 195 having the higher performance SVHO. It's a fuel hog, but you are trading that off efficiency for higher performance. If that's not your cup of tea, definitely stick to the 190.

Rascalrider

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone know how to tell the difference between the 3 and 4 star models? Also is it normal to have a Rig, Run, Freight and Prep charge of $2500 for the SX190. Just received my first dealer quote at full MSRP.
Hence my search for a new 2018... I got some relief from the MSRP.

Rushfan67

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
I have a 2019 SX190. Absolutely love the boat. If you have any questions about the boat please feel free to PM me.