• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Owner - 2007 SX230 HO

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi All. I just purchased my first boat, having crossed over from owning Seadoos and renting boats. It's 2007 SX230 HO, and it's gray - I didn't like the gray at first but it's grown on me.

Just wanted to say hi and how awesome this site has already been. The boat I bought sat for ~ 8 months, so it has a few minor opportunities for improvement that need addressed, as well as some upkeep items I'll be getting to in the next few days. Oil change, Spark plugs, and a few replacement parts (one of the throttles was stiff and a real pain to use, based on info from here sounds like the reverse cable so will be replacing that). The boat only has ~50 hours on it, but it seems like it was used in salt water, and probably got left outside, uncovered a lot.

Anyways, just wanted to say hi and thanks. Will have to post some pictures of the new (to me at least) boat soon.

Last edited:
Nice boat. Mine is a red 2008. Great boat to me so far. Enjoy!

Hey congrats on the new boat. I just got a 08 sx230 about a month ago. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have so far

Welcome to the forum @BlkGS. Just finished replacing my shifter cables a few weeks ago on my sx230. Shifts like butter now. Read up on @Speedling write up on fixing the throttle drop in the frequently asked questions section. It will give you a clear understanding of how to take your throttle quadrant apart for the cable replacement.

Not going to Let you 08 SX230 guys own this one. Welcome from an 08 AR230 guy!

Welcome! I always thought the brown looked sharp, but I’m partial to blue.

Back