• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New owner to a 2017 yamaha 242 limited E series

Redef90

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hello, I'm new to the jet boat world. I recently purchased a 2017 242 limited e series and I notice when I am out on the water one engine revs up to 7300 and the port engine only revs up to 6300 and wide fully throttle. I've own Yamaha jet ski and I know once the prop gets damage it will have a bad vibration under acceleration I check the prop and it looks fine. The boat only has 130 hours. anyone else experience this before?

Have you changed the spark plugs this has always been a common issue with motors not reaching top RPM. I think one motor does not reach the same RPM due to loading efficiency

Have you changed the spark plugs this has always been a common issue with motors not reaching top RPM. I think one motor does not reach the same RPM due to loading efficiency
no I have I will check this weekend and report back I order 8 new spark plugs.

i changed the spark plus and i still have the same problem the motor revs all the way up outside the water. but under load it will just go up to 7000 rpm. can it be the propeller ? i dont see and cables to adjust

I think the newer 240s came with impellers with the same pitch so one may not turn as fast as the other under load. The older boats came with impellers with offset pitch to compensate for the performance / intake difference between the port and starboard pump (this has to do with the direction both impellers spin and the orientation of the intakes on the hull. 300 rpm difference sounds about right but if you are still not sure consider switching coil packs between the engines to determine if one of the coils is bad.

Hey guys, i figured out my problem was the air filter. this filter was so bad that the engine was struggling so much it lost top end reving power.
i took the filter off and gave it a test run and runs nice and strong.

hope that helps anyone if they are experiencing a similar problem.

How many hours do you have on the motors ?
Any pictures of the filters, this is the first time I have heard of this the marine environment is typically very clean, no dirt or dust 🤔

How many hours do you have on the motors ?
Any pictures of the filters, this is the first time I have heard of this the marine environment is typically very clean, no dirt or dust 🤔
I only have 140 hours on both engines. but I think it was winterized wrong and they added oil through the filter housings. I need to see if i have pictures. but I know that was the problem because when I pulled the filter u see it was sucked in by the area where the throttle body sits in front of it.

Back