• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New possible owner - looking

symbianx

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking at a 2019 242 Limited S. Will I regret not getting an e-series version?

Thanks!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The e throttles are super smooth!! But other then that probably not.

symbianx

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
WHat is the big difference between the 242 Limited and the 242 x?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Drive control, ( preset ballast settings and rider profiles along with launch control ) internal ballast, e throttles ( ability to only use one throttle ). Upgrade stereo and maybe some billet interior components.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
E throttles are probably awesome and feel like silk compared to potato sack burlap that makes the "normal" binacle/throttle control on the other models.

Is it worth 15k or whatever the difference is? Every E buyer thinks so, but all others disagree :)

I do think the oem analog controls are pitiful, but many others don't see a problem. I upgraded them to nicer analog controls on my much older boat, and I am quite happy with what I got.

It's a matter of personal taste and willingness to part with your money.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
There is an in between there. The 242 LSE. This will have the mostly everything the X has, but won't have the ballast. It is cheaper than the X.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The 242 Limited SE had everything that the 242X has except the ballasts and upgraded sound system.

nf22

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There is roughly a 5k spread between the 242 limited S & 242 Limited SE
Major difference that the SE has over the S
1. Extended Bimini with a solar charging station
2. Throttle by wire so you can link the two throttles (there is an OEM devise that link them)
3. Push Button Start
4. Drive Control which basically sets speeds for riders ( I believe)

With all of the above being said, if you are not going to the X for wake boarding and do not need a ballast, then do you really need a set cruise control for wake boarders etc??? I did not see a reason to spend the extra 5k for push button start or the extended Bimini. Personally (and this is where everyone is different in terms of needs), I really do not need anything more than the AR240 as I do not boat on any other lake besides where I own a home, so a lot of the extra's such as the nav in the 12 inch screen, fresh water rinse hose etc are not necessary for my boating. I just honestly liked the nicer seats, chrome, stereo, look of the 12 inch screen, all stuff that was not needed but figured if I'm holding a boat for 5-10 years, Id want the "Eddie Bauer" edition, while not going too crazy in price (but then again whats another 5k for the SE when your already spending 65k for the S)

symbianx

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like I am getting the AR195 because nothing else will fit in my garage with the 7' door.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well that de-escalated quickly. From a 242X to an AR195. You're still gonna have fun with that boat.

symbianx

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey nothing else would fit in my garage and I got sick of saying someday...