• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New to boating and need opinions

Russclem1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Hello folks and thanks in advance for your thoughts on this matter. I am looking to buy my first boat and tight now I have narrowed it down to a 2016 ar240 or a 2014 242 limited. I'm looking for suggestions and thoughts on this.

Both fresh water and 184hrs on the 2014 and 240 on the 2017

Condition and your wallet. You will enjoy both

Tough call - I would go with your gut. Which person seems like they took better care of that boat? If all else fails I would go newer.

Check them out in person and look at everything. Open what can be opened and turn what can be turned. Ask to hook up a hose and run it. Best to take it for a spin but not sure if that's an option. Good luck!

Before buying look on-line if they have any videos or they've been on a forum or two...never know what you might find.

The 2016 has the forward swept tower and also a redesigned hull and better sound proofing. If the prices are similar, I would go with the newer model.

If you have never been on a jet boat take a ride first. These boats are great but they are different.

I would buy the newer since I think both those boats come with the same engines.

My vote would be a non-Connext boat. Engines haven’t changed in these boats. The less sophisticated the better until Yamaha learns to iron out their electrical issues. I don’t like how integrated they’ve become with the reverse buckets and crap. These boats were praised in the past because of their simplicity and ease of ownership but look at the issues plagued with Connext and the electronic buckets. If this is your first boat I’d look for less stress and more simple approach to get your feet wet.

Back