• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New to Boating/Jetboating and Have a lot of questions

Hoky7576

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just purchased a 2014 Yamaha AR210. Do you advise keeping the blower on the entire time in the water or turning it off after I start the engine?

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just run it for a minute or so before you start the engine then shut it off.

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sometime if in no wake zone for long periods it sure probably be on.

Hoky7576

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Next question. Should The plug be in or out in the middle storage unit next to the captains chair ? This plug is very different than the drain plug underneath the boat yes?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just purchased a 2014 Yamaha AR210. Do you advise keeping the blower on the entire time in the water or turning it off after I start the engine?
If surfing (high rpm slow speed), we will leave blowers on all the time. There have been occasions when 1 engine will be hard to start during surf sessions. I believe general consensus is that blowers on = cooler engine = less trouble with that issue.

If zipping around at cruising speed, I usually turn them off, too.

WilCo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I run my blower before startup and while operating below planing speed.

Hoky7576

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If surfing (high rpm slow speed), we will leave blowers on all the time. There have been occasions when 1 engine will be hard to start during surf sessions. I believe general consensus is that blowers on = cooler engine = less trouble with that issue.

If zipping around at cruising speed, I usually turn them off, too.
Thank you vm! Next question. Should The plug be in or out in the middle storage unit next to the captains chair ? This plug is very different than the drain plug underneath the boat yes?

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I leave all plugs in, but this topic is open to great debate. I only open that plug and engine compartment plug if giving the inside a good cleaning.

Hoky7576

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you! Is there an art to opening up the engine and getting to top speed ?