• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New to Jet boats

Stacey

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hi!
I have owned a pontoon for the last 10 years. We wakeboard/tube behind it. This year on a whim at our local boat show I bought the 212x. I am have not ever ridden on a jet boat, but everyone I talked to seem to recommend them. Does anyone have any advice or things they wished they had know from the beginning? Also I got the surfing attachment, I'm hoping to try that this summer! Thanks for the add

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome to team Yamaha @Stacey! The 212X is a sweet boat, I'm sure you'll love it. This forum is full of helpful and knowledgeable people. What we are really good at is helping you find all kinds of ways to spend money. ;)

The first think you will want to do is swap out the bow roller on your trailer. The stock ones are garbage and will scuff up the bow. Search for the word "Stoltz" and you'll find what you need.

There's lots of great info on surfing as well.

You'll find your jet boat is probably going to handle much differently than your pontoon. Practice low low speed independent throttle control.

Above all, just have some fun!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Welcome to the jet boaters family. Tons and tons of great information here along with very knowledgeable people that will help to keep you on the water. Congrats on the new boat! You're gonna love it!

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat! Lots of good info and fine folks on this forum to help you enjoy the new Yammie.

Whisky

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Congrats! You will love your new boat!

Best advice I would have is to take her for the first spin on a quiet night and be patient with yourself as you become comfortable handling her. Also, remember there is no transmission so you can use quick bumps of forward/reverse without stressing anything to make maneuvering very easy!