• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New to me 14 sx210

Jonathan Clavijo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello everyone. Enjoying my 210 on the intercoastal waterways of South Florida. One thing I wanted to ask everyone was, I have the drain plug in the big floor door closed and then the two inside of the engine bay. After a day on the boat I see that some water gets inside of the front locker. Any ideas where this comes from?

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not sure about the 2014; but if you have the plug in, the only way i can think is from water on the deck (dripping people?) sneaking past the door seal and that would take a lot of water. Have you looked forward in that compartment to see if it is a fully enclosed?

Jonathan Clavijo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah, its all closed. This is really annoying me. Even to the point when I have 5-6 people on board and they put their bags in the closed closet, their bags get wet.

synackattack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you have an anchor locker hole close to the water line in the front?
In the '17 210's the anchor locker hole wasn't finished and there was a gap that water could get into while under way (water is pushed into the anchor locker through that hole at idle speeds).

I read about it before I took delivery and had my dealer seal it up.