• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

New to me Vette

Trm1765

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Anyone here belong to any good Corvette forums that you would recommend? I just accidentally bought a 1978 T-top that I would love to learn more about. Is there any chance there can be a forum for other things that is half as good as this one?

Accidentally?
Ebay?

Anyone here belong to any good Corvette forums that you would recommend? I just accidentally bought a 1978 T-top that I would love to learn more about. Is there any chance there can be a forum for other things that is half as good as this one?

Uhhhh!!! Pics???

Seriously. If you can accidentally buy one you can easily accidentally share pics of it. Congrats! My father-in-law is pondering selling his 1981 C3 for a 2016! Pull the trigger, dad!

I've only checked out a few local ones here in NorCal. Most of them have events during the week, like road trips up the coast or to a track. Some times they do shows and fund raisers on the weekends as well. My guess is you can find the same in your location. Corvette mods is a good place to get accessories / mods. Congrats on the new to you Vette. Where are the pics?

LOL...Accidentally!

My wife might "accidentally" file for divorce if I ever did that! :D

Nah. I don't think it really happened. Look, @Trm1765 is in Red Wing, MN. He probably went crazy waiting for things to thaw up there and started hallucinating that he had a Vette instead of an awesome jet boat.

(see, this is what happens when there are no pics)

:)

It was 100% unplanned and un- expected. I was just chatting with the guy and he mentioned how much he wanted for it and I thought it sounded very cheap. Since I really didn't know anything about it I didn't jump at it and left. Then I googled it, and turned around, went back IMG_20160409_212707939.jpg and bought it.

Attachments

• IMG_20160409_214115881.jpg
    IMG_20160409_214115881.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
Love it! I see your son is in the drivers seat thinking about prom already!!

Oh man why didnt I ever think of that? Woohoo next time I "accidentally" come home with something what can the wife possibly say? After all it was an accident! Thanks @Trm1765

Love it! I see your son is in the drivers seat thinking about prom already!!
He has big plans,, except he just got his drivers license less than a month ago and has already totaled one car,, before the hard copy arrived.

Oh man why didnt I ever think of that? Woohoo next time I "accidentally" come home with something what can the wife possibly say? After all it was an accident! Thanks @Trm1765
I just told her it was cheap, I had to get it.

Sounds like a variant of foregiveness v. permission, I'm down with that but payback is still a bitch. I'd be on the look out for what she might accidentally purchase, especially if she is competitive.

image.jpg

Last edited:
@Ronnie , Wait....Did your wife accidentally buy a Corvette convertible?

@njmr2fan , I bought the vette outright last year but I'm still waiting on my wife's bill for it.

What I was thinking of is a situation a few years ago when through a mis-addressed letter I found out that my wife had picked out and paid off our graves/burial plots. She was retaliating for a truck I bought without consulting her. I no longer have the truck but my eternal resting spot is locked in. In this case payback wasn't just a B, it could be forever.

Back