• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New to the Scarab Line - Could use some guidence...

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
yes, I did. I have not been able to get it on the water yet, but have plans to be on the lake all next week so i will get plenty of time tomorrow!

ive tried to do a lot of research on the boat, but had a limited window to jump on the boat while I could. It was the cheapest one in the state, and surrounding area, the owner actually lived on the lake that scarab tests there boats, up in Cadillac, he seemed really honest and trust worthy, and the testing facility actually worked on the boat last summer for him to fix a wire issue.

i had read so many horror stories about these boats, but I’m hoping mine is not one of them.
Is that the same boat? I'm just asking because the one you first posted didn't seem to have the impact graphics. Also, the bimini looks different.

NM... I just noticed that the registration is the same. Did you mod it up already? :)

Jeebus

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep, same boat. I added the Graphics and tower right off the bat.

I had a great week with the boat.... had a slight weed issue while loading the boat up at the end of the week, not sure what the remedy is to be honest, and hope I didnt ruin anything.

Yellow Jacket

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Suck up weeds? Pull the jet pump, clean them out. If impeller or wear ring damage, replace/repair. No biggie.

Jeebus

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, i hope that is the issue.... honestly not 100% sure.

The lake i was on all week is one of the cleanest in the state, beautiful water. However the boat ramp area is not, and i had to idle there for about 10min becuase there was nowhere for me to park and wait for my wifes turn to come up in the load and unload line. I was kinda doing circles at idle, and at about 10 min of idling in circles my wife started to get to the dock with the truck, she gets out and points out that my boat is smoking a little from the back, i didnt even notice, but i also was not looking behind me. I get it out of the water and i can clearly see inside jet area on each side has weeds packed in there. I hope that somehow that is what caused my small amount of smoke, but i dont know honestly.

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Yep, same boat. I added the Graphics and tower right off the bat.

I had a great week with the boat.... had a slight weed issue while loading the boat up at the end of the week, not sure what the remedy is to be honest, and hope I didnt ruin anything.
The graphic is pretty cool IMHO. I don't buy the claim that it'll keep the side of your boat from getting dinged but it's cool none the less. People are amazed when the realize that it's not just a decal.

I wouldn't be too worried if it's just weeds. Try the reverse maneuver or just reach in from under the boat and pull them out (all you Yammie owners stop snickering). Weeds shouldn't hurt the impeller. Rocks on the other hand...

Jeebus

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It surely is not rocks, i would have heard and felt that since i was at idle speed in the docking area. Im just not sure what the smoke would have been from really. I had just ran the entire length of the lake, wide open throttle, slowed down to get into the docking area, and had to idle for about 10-15min, before i was made aware of the smoke. I popped the engine compartment and a small amount of smoke continued to come out. not sure if it was just warm or what?

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
View attachment 127107

Those TV's look different than the Yamaha version - what's with the bracket in the middle with the bumper? Is that to protect the buckets?

Jeebus

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I honestly do not know... i assumed they all had that bracket...

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
yes, I did. I have not been able to get it on the water yet, but have plans to be on the lake all next week so i will get plenty of time tomorrow!

ive tried to do a lot of research on the boat, but had a limited window to jump on the boat while I could. It was the cheapest one in the state, and surrounding area, the owner actually lived on the lake that scarab tests there boats, up in Cadillac, he seemed really honest and trust worthy, and the testing facility actually worked on the boat last summer for him to fix a wire issue.

i had read so many horror stories about these boats, but I’m hoping mine is not one of them.
Congrats on the new boat. Love the color!

You will see steam from hard riding. Smoke when you lift the hatch, I'd keep an eye on that.

Thrust vector? Thought about getting some but boat handles well without them. Good luck!!!

Be sure to update your info. This is useful when having issues.

Attachments

Yellow Jacket

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I bet the brackets help lift the thrust vector fins upwards at high speed from the force of water pushing against them, and the bumper keeps it from contacting the reverse bucket.