• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

New trailer tires installed today

always nice when you don't have to worry about your trailer tires,

Were the factory tires really two plies? That is crazy!

Mine were two ply. They were toast. I just put some Maxix radials on. They are much heavier but seem very dourable compaired to the stock tires.

Mine were two ply. They were toast. I just put some Maxix radials on. They are much heavier but seem very dourable compaired to the stock tires.
If your 2009 just needed tires then I would say that's pretty darned good. Mine lasted 4 seasons maybe.

Mine were cupped. I definitely can tell the difference especially when going over bumps, you don't even feel it in the trailer like before. Also, my son works at Discount tire so I got a bonus!

So, I recently went back to automotive school, just for shits and giggles. Mostly because I want to work on my own cars and I love cars. Anyway, my instructor said, when tires are under heavy load you want increase the pressure by about 10-12% of the recommended PSI on the door name of your vehicle. For me that's about 40psi on my F-150.

Now on my trailer tires, since I recently put on my new Maxxis radials. I notice that they were totally bald in the middle. My instructor asked "what psi were you running them"? I said "50psi" which is the max for that tire. As all of you probably know anyways he told me they were over inflated. He said you would only need about 40-42psi on the trailer. If they wear on the out sides of the contact patch then you are too low, in the middle too high. I should have known that already but I overlooked it.

The last thing he told me was after I was done pulling my boat. Take the psi on your rears of your two vehicle, if it's a truck, down to 32-33psi. He used to own a shop and he always put his customers truck tires at they level to give them good wear on the rear. Thought process; the bed doesn't way as much as the front. They don't need as much since they are not under the same load as the front. So, bottom line, run the fronts at the recommended pressure listed on the door jam and the rears depending on your load. Good luck hope this helps give you all good wear on your new tires.

Rotate the tires every second oil change will drastically increase the life span as well

Back