• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

New Yamaha 31' Cabin cruiser?

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That link is for an outboard version. This is supposedly jet drive.

I can confirm that it is not a jet drive, (either 2 or 3 outboards, 36" I think, in production now in the states but won't be available until next year. I get to see the prototype in 2 weeks...no pics allowed though.

In the link I ported it is not an outboard for sure.

oops, OK Im wrong.

Still a very cool boat. For salt water using the outboards inside the boat will make engine replacement much easier and hopefully the outboards can be trimmed up and out of the water.

I like how well they hide the outboard with the hull design, very different compared to other boats in that size/style.

Its not the type of boat for me though, so I'm definitely not their target market for that model. I could see it competing well with like-sized cruisers, esp. if they can price it around a boat that is smaller in size, like a 24-27' cuddy.

I'm not sure how they will get the motor to tilt up enough to get it out of the water. Nice lines on the boat. Would be great to have one, Yamaha outboards are incredibly reliable and efficient. The pictured boat only had a single. Someone mentioned 2 or 3 outboards? I'm don't think 2 would fit that boat with the swimdeck as fitted, let alone three. Any other Intel?

The Pursuit SC365 squeezes two outboards into a similar space.

image.jpg image.jpeg

So - exactly why are our engines so harsh and so bloody loud, yet their outboards are whisper quiet? I just don't get it. It is the biggest disappointment, the only one really, with my boat.

So - exactly why are our engines so harsh and so bloody loud, yet their outboards are whisper quiet? I just don't get it. It is the biggest disappointment, the only one really, with my boat.
Because they can get away with it! These motors are built for jet skis and noise is not an issue in a PWC.

Plus these motors have to turn such high rpm in order to generate thrust... the out boats are props so it's a constant mechanical transfer of energy... my boat doesn't start generating much thrust until 6 thousand rpm or so... the sound is the only draw back no have with my boat..

Plus these motors have to turn such high rpm in order to generate thrust... the out boats are props so it's a constant mechanical transfer of energy... my boat doesn't start generating much thrust until 6 thousand rpm or so... the sound is the only draw back no have with my boat..

Because of the size of the jet. A berkely or hamilton with a v8 stays at a max of 5000 rpm or so but they have a ton of punch. The yamaha pump is smaller and thereby needs more rpm and two of them to equal the volume.
You could hook a v8 to a 155mm pump but it would be horrible bad on fuel and not be much faster than a 200 hp 4 cylinder. Yamaha uses what they have.

I would think, however, that the v6 models of outboards would be a great fit into the yamaha boats. A 250 hp v6 would mean no supercharger issues to deal with and would be very reliable. Instead of that sho motor in he 192 it would be great. You would hope they would come up with a 170mm pump to complete the package but we may just need to wait for the ski racer guys to do that for us.

Sea ray did this a couple years ago but it never took off. They discontinued that model already. I'm curious to see if this sells.

Sea ray did this a couple years ago but it never took off. They discontinued that model already. I'm curious to see if this sells.

I believe they are still doing this in the Sea Ray 370 Venture. I recall it has 2 outboards hidden in the rear deck.

That was the model. According to dealer at boat show this year he says otherwise maybe plans to discontinue. Not really sure but I only know because guy we were with was looking for it and it wasn't there. I think its pretty cool design my biggest peeve with outboards is they ruin the back swim area. I cant afford them anyway so wasn't too concerned.

Back