• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Yamaha owner

Bayouwater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ive posted a few things on the forum in the form of questions, but I need to do a proper introduction.

March 2021 I purchased a 242 Limited SE from the original owner with only 93 hours. The amenities and finish as well as the layout on this boat really sold it. Coming from an early 2000's Centurion v drive, this boat does everything better. Not a towboat and definitely a learning curve with the jets, but much more comfortable ride for the whole family. We have 4 children under 10yo and often have friends and family aboard.

Since owning the boat in a short amount of time I have used the forum to remedy and install a number of things:

1. Replaced all speakers with JL Audio MX650s with new wire and dedicated channels
2. Added Polk 5000.5 amp with JL Audio M3 10 inch sub
3. Wired rear swim deck speakers in the same amp as the tower speakers (Wet Sounds Rev8) to control volume separately from the cockpit
4. Sealed the clean out hatch and access door
5. Sealed clean out hatch drain and replaced tubing to drain properly. (This reduced water in the bilge to almost none)
6. Installed Cobra Jet steering magnum kit
7. Re-sealed the pumps and around intake tunnel

Next on the list is to repair an area where something was rubbing on the keel toward the stern. Ive ordered the spectrum kit and will give it a go once it gets here.

Here are a few pictures of the boat.

4B2F5C01-F928-48BA-B35B-06D5B71CF28E.jpeg
8D822718-4C10-42A9-B2F0-71399F630022.png
63727305137__2B85DB65-BCEC-4966-8FE8-5F22BC61F2AE.jpeg

Last edited:

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
:Welcome:
We came from a 20 year old I/O as well and what a difference in ride and performance. Love the jetboat.

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
welcome-aboard-welcome-aboard-love-boat-captain-meme-52875874.jpg

superglide

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ive posted a few things on the forum in the form of questions, but I need to do a proper introduction.

March 2021 I purchased a 242 Limited SE from the original owner with only 93 hours. The amenities and finish as well as the layout on this boat really sold it. Coming from an early 2000's Centurtion, this boat does everything better. Not a towboat and definitely a learning curve with the jets, but much more comfortable ride for the whole family. We have 4 children under 10yo and often have friends and family.

Since owning the boat in a short amount of time I have used the forum to remedy and install a number of things:

1. Replaced all speakers with JL Audio MX650s with new wire and dedicated channels
2. Added Polk 5000.5 amp with JL Audio M3 10 inch sub
3. Wired rear swim deck speakers in the same amp as the tower speakers (Wet Sounds Rev8) to control volume separately from the cockpit
4. Sealed the clean out hatch and access door
5. Sealed clean out hatch drain and replaced tubing to drain properly. (This reduced water in the bilge to almost none)
6. Installed Cobra Jet steering magnum kit
7. Re-sealed the pumps and around intake tunnel

Next on the list is to repair an area where something was rubbing on the keel toward the stern. Ive ordered the spectrum kit and will give it a go once it gets here.

Here are a few pictures of the boat.

View attachment 146895
View attachment 146896
View attachment 146897
I'm new also. I have 2020 242 se. what clean out hatch and drain tube were you referring to? any pics

Bayouwater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I can grab some pictures tomorrow when I’m there doing a little maintenance.
Under the seats on the rear deck are the clean out ports. There is an inspection hatch between them where you can see into the bilge/rear drain area as well as the water boxes.This hatch is attached to a larger maintenenance cover that is held down by 12 screws. I used some closed cell adhesive foam and sealed both of these to prevent water intrusion from either water getting through the clean out tubes or water washing over the rear deck area.
there is also a drain on the starboard side of the maintenance cover that runs to a thru hull fitting above the starboard jet. I had to reseal that fitting as water was getting in as well as shorten then tube to prevent it from kinking and not allowing water to drain.
I'm new also. I have 2020 242 se. what clean out hatch and drain tube were you referring to? any pics

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welcome and sounds like your on the right track with mods...great place for that. I like the 2 tone Ford color thinking of getting that on my next Ford. I had the White/Gray 2 tone years back on my '95 F150.
Happy Boating!

superglide

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I can grab some pictures tomorrow when I’m there doing a little maintenance.
Under the seats on the rear deck are the clean out ports. There is an inspection hatch between them where you can see into the bilge/rear drain area as well as the water boxes.This hatch is attached to a larger maintenenance cover that is held down by 12 screws. I used some closed cell adhesive foam and sealed both of these to prevent water intrusion from either water getting through the clean out tubes or water washing over the rear deck area.
there is also a drain on the starboard side of the maintenance cover that runs to a thru hull fitting above the starboard jet. I had to reseal that fitting as water was getting in as well as shorten then tube to prevent it from kinking and not allowing water to drain.
thanks can't wait

boatman1975

REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Welcome to the forum!!!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
:Welcome: to the Forum!!! Great place to be with knowledgeable members to help keep you safe AND on the water. Love your color option. Simple look with a touch of blue. Sweet. Good luck and remember to post pics (we luv pics).