• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Yamaha price in 2008

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I thought this would be interesting.. I was cleaning out my boat and stumbled on a print out of the first bill of sale for when the original owner purchased the boat. A bran new sx230 in 2008 was 30,000 bucks. 34000out the door... 10 years later. . What? 70 plus! Wow!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Still doesn't outpace tuition lol

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Retail price of a 2008 SX230 was 37-38K - $45K in today's bucks. Most of the current boats are 4-5K more than that generation considering inflation.

Wonder how your owner got it for $30K, unless there was a trade that went undocumented on the bill of sale.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Retail price of a 2008 SX230 was 37-38K - $45K in today's bucks. Most of the current boats are 4-5K more than that generation considering inflation.

Wonder how your owner got it for $30K, unless there was a trade that went undocumented on the bill of sale.
Just posted the slip I found..

Brandon_SC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Today’s boats are way over priced. I suppose that’s also a correlation to the current state of the overall economy. 2008 was probably a good year to buy a boat... if you had a stable job and were willing to buy. My SX was around 35k out the door too. I also found the sales slip after purchasing from the original owners.