• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Newbie looking at a 2008 232 Limited

Oeser12

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Hello Jetboaters! I'm a newbie to boating in general going to look at a 2008 232 limited with estimated 225 hrs for 20k this Saturday 11/12 in Ocean City, NJ. I have read a bunch hear over the last year, educating myself as best I can and the support hear is amazing! While I feel educated enough to be dangerous (haha) I was looking for possibly someone that could look at it with me (I have seen posts like such in the past hence my reaching out) out of nothing else a few pointers. I reached out to the dealer in the area but to no avail. The boat is claimed to only have about 20hr in salt water and the rest in fresh but how can one tell for sure? I do have your check list in hand https://jetboaters.net/threads/known-issues-for-boat-years-2003-2009-with-mr1-engines.15464/
Thanks

I’m on the other coast, but hopefully somebody closer to you will step up. Good luck with your search. Hope it all goes well.

You really can't tell. All you can really do is check overall condition. Also, salt water isn't going to ruin the boat, especially not if it's treated with salt away, etc.

That's a great price on one of the finest boats ever made.

Back