• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Newer boats lesser quality

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Bad Move.....I spent some time in my friends 2007-230 yesterday and I have to tell you, the quality of the seats and interior is FAR better than my 2013. Its obvious the seats, density of the cushioning, and upholstery is just lesser quality in my 2013 and unfortunately I felt that way since I got it. I especially hate how the back seats come out to get to the storage areas and battery switch. I feel like Im going to break them every time, or people struggle to get them out and then back in right, kind of a shitty design. My seat bolster broke the first season and the replacement feels like sitting on wood I know its not going to last as its the same flawed Plastic design. Not to mention the top edge of the upholstery around the entire boat is some porous material that absorbs stuff and easily gets stained.
Besides that she has performed well, I just wish I had the quality of the 2007 interior materials.

wait a minute.....lesser quality and higher pricetag?!

@Evil Sports I'd like to compare yours to mine sometime if you ever come to the northern part of the river. I was in Long Island sound yesterday fishing.

Yes I want to get a day up north. Hopefully next weekend, this one is already booked o_O

I know my upholstery on my 15 212x is a bit nicer feel and comfort than my 14 AR192. Don't know if it is a fair comparison as the seating etc is larger in general but I agree, the fabric feels a bit thin. Only time will tell.

I have had issues already on my 2014 AR192 with the fabric tearing in small spots on the surface, almost like something snagged it. I also have some tears around the bottoms where the cushion meets the fiberglass. It's only got a season and a half on it and it's always covered, even under my lift canopy. No way I should be having issues with it already. The vinyl is way to thin. One thing is for sure, the next boat I buy, weather it be a Yamaha or not, will have hinged seats with support struts. I hate having to remove the cushion and find a place to set it every time I want to get into storage. There is so much more wear and opportunities for damage on them that way.

I have tears along the bottoms as well. Theres a reason boats of this class today usually cost 10k more, eventually it shows up

I noticed couple small micro tears on the vinyl too and my question is how do you fix it. I saw Vinyl repair kit from Yamaha but I'm thinking it may not be the right fix for these tiny tears. I don't want it to get much bigger so I would prefer to fix it sooner than later. Also are you able to order replacement cushions from Yahama if needed?

Cant imagine how much those cushions would cost. The stupid center one flew out 1 month after I got the boat. Called the dealer and they wanted +$200 for the little one. Fugg that

2 micro tears I've notice on mine are on top of rear passenger side storage and rear passenger side engine cover. What is the warranty on these cushions from Yamaha?

@dansshin put a little super glue over the tears. It will stop them from getting any bigger. If you use good quality glue it will hold for years. Just be careful when you apply it to only get it on the tear.

Wouldn't super glue make the spot hard and stiff?

Yeah, but it stops the tear and saves you from re-vinyling the seats. If it's a small spot you'll barely notice. My boat has a 2"ish cut right on the top of the seat over the batteries and the super glue on it has held for 3+ years. It drives me crazy, but not more than $150+ crazy... yet. I'll see if I can find a picture and post it.

Edit: Here is a picture before the glue. I'll have to take a specific one this weekend of the "after" because you can't see it in any of the pics I have.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Back