• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Night Lights and Courtesy Lights

gfabry

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pretty disappointed with the AR250 courtesy and night lights, almost no light… would love to see what some of you have done? Added some LED, or used speakers or Cupholder lights?

Skyhawk223

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Not sure if they are different on the 252S but I have only used my lights a few times. The 2 lights in the tower were bright enough when cleaning up the boat after docking. They are not super bright but acceptable. The courtesy lights are dim but I was not expecting much from them in the first place.

gfabry

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I might use the courtesy light circuit and add a few LEDs in different places

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Pretty disappointed with the AR250 courtesy and night lights, almost no light… would love to see what some of you have done? Added some LED, or used speakers or Cupholder lights?
Not sure what the AR250 has for lights, but mine were very dim too - then I found the brightness level in the Connext screen and cranked them up, and they were too bright, had to turn them back down to about 50% at night. My boat has LED lights in the comming panels beside the buckets, and in the bow. Plenty of light from them. I planned to replace them with red light strings, but turns out the strings do not support dimming so that's out for now.
:rolleyes:
But mine are very bright when cranked up and might not change them unless I can find dimmable replacements.

ccbnola

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

ccbnola

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Attachments

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would say that Yamaha's Courtesy Lights, (in my case there's only 1) are WEAK. I added my blue lights myself a few years back and installed a dedicated gang box because I divided them up as Fore and Aft. What was better than the blue lights was the line of white lights that I added in all the holds, the engine compartment and the cubby locker. So much easier to find things in the holds when its night time and be able to see into the engine compartment is so handy.Blue LED Lights.jpgGang Box Lights.jpgWhite Light Cubby Locker.jpg