• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

No tail lights. Turn signal and break ok work.

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
My tail lights do not work. But turn signal and break lights do. Both turn and break work if the headlights are on or off. All lights are in one unit.
I have 2 of the 7 pin to 5 pin adapters and tried both.
The tail, break and turn lights are in 1 led unit. So don't think it is a bulb issue. Gotta be a wiring or contact.

Any help or thoughts on what to look at please!

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I've had all in 1 LED units break on my commercial work truck. The signals worked but brakes did not. You may wanna try a new bulb. But I do think it is weird that both went at the same time. Do you have signal to the wires at the brake lights?

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I don't have a muti meter with me. Will bring one with next weekend.

The fact that both breaks and turn signals are working, but both tail lights are not, leaves me to belieyit has to be a bad contact on the vehicle or trailer 5 pin. But I will definitely bring a volt meter to test

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The turn and brakes operate on the same wire... the tail lights work off a different wire.... check and recheck fuses... under the dash and under the !

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Would there be a fuse for the tail light portion of the vehicle wire harness? (It's a Chevy traverse withe the factory GM 7 pin connector).

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Just googled it and yep, there is a separate fuse for each part of the 7 pin connector. I have the diagram so will check this in the am. Fingers crossed this is it.

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
OK, woke up and went out to the Chevy and sure enough... blown fuse. @bronze_10 thank you for the advise.

Now... what is concerning is... there are fuses for all aspects of the car. Are you supposed to periodically check all these fuses for the features you don't use but need when you need them? Meaning air bags. I would hate to know my air bag fuse is blown by needing my air bags and them not working.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Most of the safety systems will have an indicator on the dash when the system is off line alerting u to a problem..