• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

No Wake/Cruise Assist on One engine

cep022

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a 2010 SX240. I found yesterday that when using the No Wake/Cruise assist that it was only on one engine. We tubed and floated for a couple hours. After that it seemed to function on both engines just fine.
Anyone have any suggestions on what I might look for?

Last edited:

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Odd. Haven't heard that one before. Might be a loose connection somewhere I suppose. Did you check the connectors to the switch at the back of the helm?

cep022

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I went out on Sunday to do some cleaning and to check the cruise assist.
At first it was doing the same thing. I unplugged both of the larger weather proof connections and then the 6 smaller connections that connect to the switch. Tried again and it all worked.
Couple hours after cleaning and chilling tried it again and it still worked.
Hopefully was just a dirty connection. I’ll pull the switch next time if it does it again and really check all the connections.