• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

No wake mode switches, Radio and EQ placement question

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone ever swapped the radio location and the No Wake Switches on an 07-09 230? I hate that I cant see the radio buttons and functions and am thinking that the no wake switches wouldnt be as big of a deal because all you need to do is push the top or bottom. I also have a wet sounds EQ that I have to find a place to mount, anyone got any suggestions where to put it.

This is my dash. I believe you could put the Wet Sounds EQ where my VHF is. I do not see any reason that you could not make two new mount plates and move the radio up.

SX230Dash.jpg

I say move away. Also, look at the throttle housing. There are blanks for switches there. I've wondered how difficult it would be to add the no wake switches and move them to the throttle.

I have wondered for some time, why Yamaha doesn't put the no wake mode switches and horn on the damn steering wheel, like a car. That would free up a whole panel on the dash, not counting the 12V receptacle. The newer generations have moved stuff around but they still have too many large switches for things that just need something small. Even the Connext system is taking up more room and not expandable. Someone makes datalink capability that can use the signals provided to display all of this stuff on a non proprietary touchscreen, where features and switches can be controlled from, and do what this technology intended...to provide a readily replaceable, cheap, consolidated, and easier to use functionality. You would think the aftermarket would eat this up.

In addition to the two blanks on the throttle quadrant, there is sufficient room in the front/aft/sidewall area to build a panel to house all your switches and open up a vast amount of room on the dash. The question is, will reworking the entire dash panel give you a well designed look, achieve what you are after, and not devalue your boat? I made a few of these considerations myself and decided in both instances that adding components was better than reworking existing layouts, because it stays with the original design. Almost every time I shopped for a boat, I ran from the boats that had a ton of aftermarket changes that corrupted the original boat, because I had no way of knowing what they had done to the existing systems. So when I add stuff, I try to make it stand alone but blend into the existing design.

I say move away. Also, look at the throttle housing. There are blanks for switches there. I've wondered how difficult it would be to add the no wake switches and move them to the throttle.
I have seen where someone has moved the no wake switches to the throttles. I believe it was done on a single engine (i.e. 19") and don't see why it can't be done on a dual engine. Also, since I can't find the thread here maybe it is on the other site but unfortunately I don't have much access over there to search.

Im not as interested in moving the NO wake switches as I am relocating the Radio so i can actually see the buttons and screen.... I think I may talk to someone with a 3d printer and have them make something so I can mount the radio in the No Wake mode area.

Back