• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

NOCO Gen5x2 Install

Woodsy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Howdy folks,

I have 2 questions regarding the NOCO Gen5x2:

1. My boat is currently equipped with one battery. In time, it is likely that I will add a second battery. For now can I just turn on one bank charger and leave the second bank charger off (disconnected)?

2. I am also considering the installation of a port plug on the exterior hull, near the fuel cap (thanks to the idea on another thread). Thought being I could just unzip the boat cover fuel cap access flap and plug in my extension cord to the NOCO without having to get in the boat. Is this the case? Or after plugging in the NOCO, would I still need to press the buttons on the NOCO unit to turn it on? (meaning I would still have to climb in the boat anyways)

Thanks for your time,

Colin

1. Yes

2. You can just plug it in and it should keep the same mode you set up initially.
If you’re doing it that close to your fuel filler it would be a good idea to plug in the extension cord to the boat first and the wall last.

I really, really wanted an external plug, but I couldn't pull myself together to drill into the side lol. On my AR230 I ended up drilling a hole and placing the plug under the port side seat (facing forward), pretty much dead-space down there since the seat would be folded out to a bench anyways. I knew I would be running the extension cord off the front of the boat to the outlet on the dock. Obviously depends on your dock/garage/yard/storage/etc outlet situation.

So take some pics when you get it done!

I could never bring myself to drill a hole that big in my hull. It doesn’t matter anyway, my storage has no electricity. I pull the batteries out, bring them home and vonnect to my ProMariner HD. Keeps my old ass in shape.

I just installed the same unit in my boat. Will be using it the first time this weekend as the boat is up on the rack right now.

Back