• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

NOOB alert! 2012 242 Limited (no-S)

mattster

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Community help please. I've had the boat out a total of one time, and just after starting, I got a very loud "beeeeeeep" tone that seemed to last for about a minute. It didn' occur when I fired the motors on land. Could this be a depth alarm that the prior owners had set? TIA for your help.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Community help please. I've had the boat out a total of one time, and just after starting, I got a very loud "beeeeeeep" tone that seemed to last for about a minute. It didn' occur when I fired the motors on land. Could this be a depth alarm that the prior owners had set? TIA for your help.
I am assuming you were on the trailer when beeping. Did you look at the gauges? If its shallow it will say something to the effect. Typically that's what it is. Did you run it after and it went away?

mattster

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I was on the water when the alarm came on--just about when I got the trailer wet. I looked at the gauges, but nothing jumped-out at me. I continued to run, and it eventually went off. My son said "what's that alarm for?" I have no idea...

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was on the water when the alarm came on--just about when I got the trailer wet. I looked at the gauges, but nothing jumped-out at me. I continued to run, and it eventually went off. My son said "what's that alarm for?" I have no idea...
probably low depth alarm

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have a 2012 242. It was probably your depth alarm. It goes off at 3 ft. I believe and will stay on until you get into deeper water. It will go off on your trailer as well when you crank the motors. Nothing will show up on your dash other than the depth.

mattster

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Thank you! I'll play with the depth gauge when I get back. Is there a way to defeat it? Or is it one of those "always on" features?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
adjusting it is in the manual. It is a few menu items deep, but not hard to find.

mattster

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Thank you, I very much appreciate the help.

mattster

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Cracked the manual, and whaddaya know...issues resolved! thanks all.

Bubba7827

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I will have to check this out. Thanks!