• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

...not to change the subject but has anyone used this on there shipping cover?

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am going to home depot to pick up some of this (in white or clear) rustolem leak sealer http://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-265494-12-Ounce-Flexible-Sealant/product-reviews/B006ZRUKHK see how it works with some of the larger cracked areas of my shipping cover. Over all after 3 seasons it is holding up well and if this can extend the life a couple more it is worth the 9 bucks. Let me know if you have any success with it and I will report back after my trip to H.D.

Last edited:
ok, preliminarily this seems to work. I one major area too big to cover with clear packing tape that is over the rear pooling post. The fix is flexible ( i got the clear because it was in the larger can for the same price of the smaller white color). Takes two hours to dry. Next time I think I would go with the white because it would do a better job covering the cracks. I will give you a long term update in a few weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_4804.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_4804.JPG.jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 26
Interesting! Can't wait to hear your results.
Are you applying to the outside or inside?

Well so far it looks good. 3 coats did the job. As before I think the white instead of the clear would have worked better but not bad. I laid the cover on the driveway and tried to smooth it out flat (did not work so well because the cover had stretched to a hump where the pooling pole rested) sprayed 3 light coats in the plastic side (weather side) and let dry. It is very flexible and a good enough repair (in addition to packing tape) that I believe will extend my cover for a couple more seasons.

My advice is to stay away from plastic dip and flex seal. This stuff is at Home Depot for 9 bucks and works great!

Who knows maybe this stuff will rival the revered pool noodle in the number of useful applications!

Ah, the pool noodle "we are not worthy!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpg.jpeg
    60.9 KB · Views: 15
  • FullSizeRender.jpg-2.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpg-2.jpeg
    66.7 KB · Views: 15
Back