• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Oil Around Spark Plugs

2Point-Oh!

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was pulling my plugs to see how they were looking and found some oil around the nut part of plug on 3 plugs
any advise here. Is this a gasket issue?
Plugs looked good but not evenly burned. Each plug have a different amount of burn on it
is this normal?
2010 Sx210 MR1 engines

Should have posted this in the forum of your boat model but that’s okay, it should get plenty of replies… So there’s oil on top of the spark plug? So when you pulled them it seemed like oil at dripped down on them? Did your air filters look okay and not oily as well?

Not sure about the burn on the spark plugs, I’m not an expert so I never really dissect every plug and compare them lol!

thanks for responding! I did not realize I posted in wrong area. I will re post!
It does not appear as of if oil dripped down on them. More like oil seeping in where they screw into the head.
have not checked air filter but i expect it to be clean.
Thanks again!

Back