• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Oil cooler help

Yogi72

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Changing the oil on my ar230. While doing so a portion of a zip tie fell into the oil cooler where you fill the oil. What would you recommend doing?leaving it, have the entire oil cooler removed for the object (it is a small zip tie that was zipped together) I notice there is a screen in the oil cooler to prevent from going into the engine.

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I do not think it will be a problem. As you have noticed, screen will stop it from traveling. If you wanted to, you could remove top of oil cooler to get to it. You would not have to remove oil cooler from engine.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I be concerned that the oil may cause it to degrade and break down and then you'd have small bits of plastic in your oil? I'd make a little hook tool to reach in and scoop it up.

Yogi72

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got the piece out. Took off the top of the oiler cooler.