• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Oil leak

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yesterday after running the boat for a little bit I lifted the engine hatch just to check things out. I noticed a slight oil leak coming from the bottom outboard side of the port engine. Is this the notorious oil cooler leak problem???

The oil cooler is located on the passenger side of the engines towards the very front of the engine on the bottom. Here is video I took of mine sorry I'm moving so fast in its right where the oil filter is.

If the leak is on the outboard side and maybe something else

Look for an issue on the 3rd bolt down on your oil coolers. Curious, how many hours on the motors?

The oil cooler is located on the passenger side of the engines towards the very front of the engine on the bottom. Here is video I took of mine sorry I'm moving so fast in its right where the oil filter is.
Did you put fix yours ? I notice the bolt was different on your starboard motor , mine haven't been replaced so I'm thinking about swaping out bolts

I believe I recall reading that the new bolt is not a direct swap. At one point I read every thread on the subject. I ultimately came to the conclusion that there is no consensus on taking proactive measures. Many owners of 2010 and early 2011 boats with the bad oil coolers have not experienced any issues (yet).

I couldn't see anything wrong by visual inspection. All bolts were there and tight when I tapped on them. So if I take this off and replace the seal should I replace all the bolts and with what kind of bolt? If I get new OEM bolts are they still crappy bolts??

Back