• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Oil line replacement process

LITTLPA

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I have looked around but have not found this information. Saw it asked
Has anyone posted any details of the process for replacing the oil lines on a LS2000?
Also what would the hose I.D. be for the supply lines to the carbs from the oil pump?

Thanks
Pat

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I just went to the local shop and got 2 stroke gas line.
I brought some in of the old and sized it up no problem. Don't recall size. I used zip ties to put back on. Re-use the little valves making sure theyare on the right way!

Or just buy the kit from @islandracing

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Island racing does have a nice kit and their kit comes with oetiker clamps instead of zip ties. You can order with island racing on-line or check around at other places.

LITTLPA

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Thanks Guys, took the first pump off last night. Only took about 10 mins and I had it off and on the bench. Lines look to be 1/8" I.D. for supply lines to the carbs. Want to use the boat this weekend so I am going to pick up lines and clamps locally.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I assume there is a need to bleed the lines after reassembly? How is that done?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Yes and no. The pump will catch it pretty quick but basically you need to add oil to the fuel and run some premix until it catches up.

Chuck Bristow

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I have looked around but have not found this information. Saw it asked
Has anyone posted any details of the process for replacing the oil lines on a LS2000?
Also what would the hose I.D. be for the supply lines to the carbs from the oil pump?

Thanks
Pat
I am about to replace the oil lines on my LS 2000.
I am a new member, and looking for some advice. The oil lines blew off the starboard engine, so I'm replacing the hoses, check valves and ties (clamps) with new parts. My question is, do each of the three lines coming off the oil pump go to a specific carburetor? Any advice you receive on your post would help me too!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I am about to replace the oil lines on my LS 2000.
I am a new member, and looking for some advice. The oil lines blew off the starboard engine, so I'm replacing the hoses, check valves and ties (clamps) with new parts. My question is, do each of the three lines coming off the oil pump go to a specific carburetor? Any advice you receive on your post would help me too!
Don't believe so. However i remember keeping lines the same length and matching carbs. Since each one should have the same amount of oil i would assume it doesn't matter.

LITTLPA

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Don't believe so. However i remember keeping lines the same length and matching carbs. Since each one should have the same amount of oil i would assume it doesn't matter.
Check out the link I posted, it is excellent source of info on replacing the lines. , you will have to remove the oil pump and the cut the new lines to length to match of the old ones. I just finished replacing my lines this weekend.

Chuck Bristow

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Check out the link I posted, it is excellent source of info on replacing the lines. , you will have to remove the oil pump and the cut the new lines to length to match of the old ones. I just finished replacing my lines this weekend.
Thanks for info. I was hoping to replace the lines without removing the pump. Where can I find the link you posted?

Chuck Bristow

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Thanks for the advice.

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I filled the new lines with a syringe

Jetboatvirgin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Hello everyone, I’m aware that this is an old thread but I’m hoping that I can ask a few questions regarding the oil line replacement on my new to me 1999 LS2000.
I’m trying to figure out if the line have ever been replaced. I have no info on the boat’s history. Is there anything i can look for that would help me know if the oil lines are the originals?
Also, if they are the original lines, can I change the zip ties for clamps and consider it sufficient?
Any info would be appreciated on this or anything I should know so I can enjoy our new family vessel.
Thanks in advance

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
@Jetboatvirgin , welcome aboard. The problem with the oil lines on our boats is after time the shrink from the heat, they also become brittle and pop off the connection point on the carbs or injection pump. Check the lines the ensure there is slack in them to each carb and that they are flexible. It is not a bad idea at all to replace them anyway just to have piece of mind. If one does come off it is a short time to catastrophic engine failure.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
You can buy 2 cycle fuel line and do it yourself quick. Island racing has a kit as well i believe.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If they are zip tied it is a good chance they are original. Use oetiker clamps when you replace them. You will need to prime the lines once on and I don’t have experience to tell you how to best do that