• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Oil valve

Ralph195

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
I was tighting a clamp and an electrical plug was in the way pulled it out work on the clamp put the plug back in. It was a little bit crooked so I pulled it out but the whole part came apart and open. There was valves and a spring next to the valve and someone told me it was a valve that if the boat flipped over the oil will be prevented from seeping out. Does anyone know the part number on a 150hp installed in a 2016 Scarab 195?

Ralph195

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
I think you are talking about the VENT VALVE ASSEMBLY on the head of the engine. You will need engine model number to know the correct part number.
20190425_193621.jpg
Here are two picks of the valve.
The first one shows the part attached to the engine block with a hose clamp to the top and the second one shows the other end of the hose attaching to the air intake hose past the filter

Attachments

Ralph195

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
View attachment 92656
Here are two picks of the valve.
The first one shows the part attached to the engine block with a hose clamp to the top and the second one shows the other end of the hose attaching to the air intake hose past the filter
I apologize the first post that I did made it sounds like it was an electrical part..... it is not....its a part with an air hose that goes from the part to the bigger intake air hose

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Be careful when you install new one they are very cheap and break easily, I rested my hand on the vent hose and the assembly cracked and had to replace.

Ralph195

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
Be careful when you install new one they are very cheap and break easily, I rested my hand on the vent hose and the assembly cracked and had to replace.
That's exactly what happened to me I was fixing the hose that goes from the pump to the manifold the pumps water around the engine to cool it had come loose from a 90-degree elbow at the manifold, I leaned on it and cracked it. I put some tie straps around it hoping that it would closing temporarily while I got the parts figured out but evidently it didn't work. The reason I was fixing the hose at the 90-degree elbow was because the nipple on the 90-degree elbow had sheared off and the dealer told me they had to remove the engine out of the boat to replace the entire manifold. So what I did I got a 90-degree elbow hose and put it over the 90° elbow metal that's part of the manifold to fix it. I was in the middle of the bay and water was gushing out of the hose instead of into the manifold to cool down the engine. I got a low oil pressure warning making the boat go into limp home mode. When I got home I was able to clear the limp home mode but I believe since the valve is cracked the boat went back into limp home mode. The way I cleared the limp home mode initially was starting the boat putting the throttle all the way open turn off the engine when the throttle was all the way open restarted it and the limp home mode cleared for 20 minutes. I'm doing the same procedure now but the limp home mode does not clear so I figure is the cracked valves that is making the engine go into limp home mode.
Any suggestions or imput is greatly appreciated.
I do want to thank everyone that has giving me their insight.... it's been very helpful.

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I bought a replacement last year on Ebay for $35