• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

OK Screw it I'm In

NewGuy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
To be honest, i kind of felt the same way about both until I actually took delivery of mine. You don't really notice the windshield design much at all unless you are specifically looking for it. It does help reach the mid cleat easier and it did seem to allow better ventilation when sitting behind the captain's chair.

As for the tower, it doesn't seem like an afterthought in the design. I'm guessing just a change in the way it looks. Doesn't serve any real purpose but it doesn't cause any issues either. I raised and lowered mine several times so that I can get used to the mechanism. Haven't been out much bit honestly after the first 15 mins it became a non-issue.

My family and I love the design of it and everyone that has seen it so far has given us kudos for such a nice looking and roomy boat.
Just FYI - here's the REAL reason they put the cut out in the window:

:D
Ah hahaha! Totally legit now. I've got 2 pups that will appreciate this great engineering mind!

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Who knows, buying a boat without driving it first is what put me where I am , had I driven it I would never have purchased it and never invented aftermarket jet boat steering 20 years ago.

I bought my boat without even starting the engines and you look where I am now.... $100k in the hole. Life has been real tough lol

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I bought my boat without even starting the engines and you look where I am now.... $100k in the hole. Life has been real tough lol
Same here...the boat was on their lot and still factory wrapped up, we were the first to look at her. Brought her home and did the 5+30+60 mins break-in from 0.1 hours gradually working up RPM's till she hit 2 hours, then moved up to 6k rpm and pushed up gradually to 10 hours and then finally WOT. Most of the time I don't need to punch it, just push her up to 6k or so and she leaps out of the water. With half a tank and three adults on board, including one in the bow, we hit a top speed of 53.8mph around the 25 hour mark - air temp was 81 and water 78 degrees and calm. She went to sleep for the winter at 69.5 hours...I miss her.
☺