• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

One of the trailer wheel is missing bearing cover?

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm not sure what the part is actually called but I noticed that one of my trailer wheel is missing part(s) in the center of the wheel. Could anyone tell me what the part(s) are called and where I could get these? You can see in the below image that left wheel is missing the part in the center.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What is the brand name on the grease cover on the front bearing cover? Most likely it is either a bearing buddy or a trailer buddy and around 2" in diameter.

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looks like black Shoreland'r cover and also has some metal part that is no longer on the other wheel.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Swing by Fleet Farm. You should be able to pick up some bearing buddies there. I think they come in pairs, so you'll have a spare.

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Is there anyway I can get the matching Shorelandr cover for this? I'm not even sure how this got missing... How do I find the model # of my trailer?

Thank you.

Last edited:

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Is there anyway I can get the matching Shorelandr cover for this? I'm not even sure how this got missing... How do I find the model # of my trailer?

Thank you.
Looks like you're missing the entire assembly? I had to replace the grease zerk on our shore lander last year and I can tell you that the shorelander versions are all stainless steel, the replacement I found was not. You can order shorelander replacement parts, shorelander parts dealer locator map link below..
http://www.shorelandr.com/pages/parts_map.aspx?category=ShoreLandr+Parts

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It's not horrible but I would make sure I have a small board and rubber mallet or dead shot hammer. Once you have it started, use the board to lay flat across the bearing buddy and give you a flat surface to tap on. See link below for install..

If you towed and/or dunked the trailer after you lost the "bearing buddy" I would pull the wheel and re pack the bearing and then reinstall.

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Craig Thank you for the very good information on this. However I think this may be something I may have a "professional" do as I have feeling that this bearing protector and cover may have been missing since the original owner (based on zoomed in photos he sent me prior to it getting towed from CA to MN), which also means I have put it in water like this several times. I would also have to try to take the wheel off with the boat on the trailer which I don't feel comfortable with using my 1.5 ton jack.

Could places like Discount Tire do this or should I take it to Shorelandr trailer service center? Will they be able to service this with the boat on the trailer? I may ask them to replace the bearings with new.

Last edited:

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Any decent garage should be able to pack the bearing for you with the boat on the trailer. It's really not that difficult to do, and wouldn't require a shorelander service center unless you have one down the road from you and would rather take it there. California to Minnesota would be quite the tow...

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Craig Thanks for your information on this. I did find a local Shorelandr repair shop that inspected, cleaned and repacked the bearing and installed Shorelandr Bearing Protector (4410247) and Shorelandr Bearing Protector Bra (4410246). They charged $100 for labor and parts.

@RiverRat Thanks for your information as well but I wanted to get a matching one for the missing bearing protector and bearing bra from Shorelandr as I had 3 already.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
That sounds like a good deal. Now get that boat back in the water and have some fun!