• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Operation "San Antonio house search" complete

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The wife and I flew to SA Wednesday morning, drove to the realtor office from the airport, viewed about 10 houses by 7pm. Thursday we viewed 19, Friday we viewed 3 and put offer on the second, they countered, we countered, they accepted, we both won.

I'm really surprised how close together the houses are built here, we quickly realized we weren't going to get our big yard like we wanted (and still be in a house that will sell easily, we won't be here forever).
Compromises were made but we got a nice house!
image.jpg

Congrats! I have been a part of the whirlwind house hunting several times courtesy of Uncle Sam. What neighborhood did you end up in? Lived there for several years in Universal City by Randolph growing up and my folks live north of town in Bulverde.

It's in the Shertz/Cibolo area, I'm still not exactly sure which the house is in.
I think the house is in Shertz but mailing address is Cibolo? It's weird. This area is blowing up quick!
My wife got an assignment to Randolph, that's why we are here.

Congratulations! That whole real estate thing can be very stressful, but you sure can be happy when it is over.

I did high school on the north side (near Bandera Road), so I would also be interested in what part of town you wound up in ...

I lived in SA right before I joined the Army. Great place to live, all kids of things to do and see that make great day trips.

It's in Shertz, pretty close to I-35.

Oh! I highly recommend a subscription to "Texas Highways" magazine. Great resource for knowing what's going on across the state. Amazing photography..

https://www.texashighways.com

The good news is that Canyon Lake shot up to full, over ten foot gain in the last month. I can't remember the last time I saw it full...

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy @Wayloncle !!!!!!!!!!!
GREAT home. Looks like a KILLER yard landscape-wise.
BIG Congrats your way, Son ! :winkingthumbsup"

Wishing you, your Bride and your Family a Big 'ole Safe and Happy Life there !
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Welcome to Texas and congrats on finding a home! Yep, your lake is full!

Nice house, congrats!

Welcome to Texas! Nice looking house too.

Nice house. Now let's here you say GO SPURS!

image.jpg Woohoo! Canyon lake is nice!

The good news is that Canyon Lake shot up to full, over ten foot gain in the last month. I can't remember the last time I saw it full...
While at Canyon Lake, we went over to the Randolph Rec area, a lot of the tables and stuff are under water, I didn't realize it was that full!

It wasn't that high yesterday. It's the nature of the beast here but you happened to catch us at a time of epic rain in this river basin.
BTW, welcome to the 'hood!

@Wayloncle , the water levels that our lakes have reached, and the unseasonably cool weather and rainfall is along the lines of 100 year weather events here. However, it has happened much more often in my lifetime in Texas. I can remember at least 4 times that our lakes have been at flood stage and there were probably a few I didn't pay attention to. That isn't bad over 59 years. This is not a normal event to say the least. It happened in 2007 most recent to this event, during an El Nino cycle as well. All El Ninos do not bring flooding, that one and this one did however.

Back