• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Opinions needed on this wheel and tire package

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Screenshot_20230725_200922_Chrome.jpgLooking to upgrade my galvanized factory 2017 rims and tires to 15" and came across these? Opinions for saltwater use

Get the Goodyear endurance and and your own rims

I like the look and price but for a few dollars more you should be able to get some brand name tires with lots of good reviews. I’ve never heard of “Provider” tires.

exspensive China tire and China wheel, load range C? nope.

Go with GoodYear Endurance radials in load class "d" for a solid peace of mind.

I'm actually fairly familiar with the Provider tires, as a lot of the trailers I sell come from the factory with them. They ARE a cheaper tire. They are not junk, there are a lot worse out there, but my biggest concern with them will be longevity. The cheaper tires like these will not get you the tread life of a better tire, and they will definitely develop dry rot a lot sooner than quality tires. It really comes down to how long you want them to last, because these will have a shorter lifespan than a Goodyear or Carlisle. All that said, they're a fine tire for the price point, but are they a fine tire for your application? I have much higher standards for the tires that go on my boat trailer and RV, because of how serious the collateral damage can be when/if one does blow, and how frustrating it is when you've got a day/weekend planned, and tire failure screws things up. Ask me how I know. lol

Back